Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Need help on Username Generation

SIRAJMOLLA
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi All,

We have a use case to generate the Username through Saviynt username generation rule but I am facing some issue I am writing the advance query. Below is the Use case for generating the Username-

As an example of Username - XY2345

XY--->2  Random Capital Character

2345--->4 random digit

As per the Username format I use basic config and add 2 random character generate and add 4 random digit but as per rule it is not generating the username its only giving 2 character not random digit part. That's why I use advance config to generate the Username below is the Query-

CONCAT(CHAR(FLOOR(RAND()*26)+65),CHAR(FLOOR(RAND()*26)+65),FLOOR(RAND()*10),FLOOR(RAND()*10),FLOOR(RAND()*10),FLOOR(RAND()*10))

I am using the above query but I am not getting the expected result.

Can anyone help me out to fulfill my username generation.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

3 REPLIES 3

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @SIRAJMOLLA 

User Name generation rule is working fine with basic config itself and able to generate the username in similar format (Ar5192). Please find screenshot below.

RULE_UG2.PNGRULE_UG1.PNG

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

SIRAJMOLLA
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @Dhruv_S ,

We are using the same whatever you provided in the screenshot but it's only giving 2 random character only random number part is not showing.

With Regards,

Siraj Molla

Hi @SIRAJMOLLA 

I tried with below query and username is coming like below.

Query

CONCAT(char(round(rand()*25)+65),char(round(rand()*25)+65),FLOOR(RAND() * 10),FLOOR(RAND() * 10),FLOOR(RAND() * 10),FLOOR(RAND() * 10))

Generated username format

[68, 87, 57, 49, 57, 50]

Can you try removing the username generation rule from config and re-create the rule again by basic config itself and keep 1 as initial character in all of Random Alphabetic and Random Numeric function and see if it works.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma