Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Manager not removed when owner set to NULL on Import

MichaelWoodruff
New Contributor
New Contributor

When we have a user leave we are removing the owner and when we import via a userimport from database job.

When we do that owner is set to NULL, but Manager remains populated with the owner data.

Although when I upload a user setting the owner to NULL, the manager is removed.  when I do the upload I'm not checking any rules and it still works.

What do I need to set to get Manager removed when Owner is NULL on a userimport?

8 REPLIES 8

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @MichaelWoodruff , it should work with user imports as well. We have also mapped owner field with manager form source and it has been working. No specific config for this.

But for some reason it is not working in the environment which you need to go through the logs to find out but for now if need a workaround, you can use inline preprocessor :

"UPDATE NEWUSERDATA SET manager= null where owner is null"

Thanks,

Amit

If this answers your query, Please ACCEPT SOLUTION and give KUDOS.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Please share database xml

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

MichaelWoodruff
New Contributor
New Contributor

I removed most of the columns we import but here's the jist of it...

<dataMapping>

<before-import>

</before-import>

<sql-query description="This is the Source DB Query" uniquecolumnsascommaseparated="username">
<![CDATA[
SELECT idadb.wupeople_manager_wupeople_entity_id as IDADBmanager,
FROM ida_registry.dbo.idv_saviynt_composite_data_load AS idadb where idadb.wupeople_entity_id is not null ]]>
</sql-query>

<importsettings>
<zeroDayProvisioning>true</zeroDayProvisioning>
<zeroDayLimit>150000 </zeroDayLimit>
<userNotInFileAction>NOACTION</userNotInFileAction>
<checkRules>true</checkRules>
<generateEmail>false</generateEmail>
<buildUserMap>false</buildUserMap>
</importsettings>

<mapper description="This is the mapping field for Saviynt Field name" defaultrole="ROLE_ENDUSER" dateformat="date" incrementalcolumn="calc_last_change_date">

<mapfield saviyntproperty="owner" sourceproperty="IDADBmanager" type="character"></mapfield>

</mapper>

<after-import description="EMAIL,BATCH,SQL">
</after-import>

</dataMapping>

Share result of query where owner is blank

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Need output for 

SELECT idadb.wupeople_manager_wupeople_entity_id as IDADBmanager,
FROM ida_registry.dbo.idv_saviynt_composite_data_load AS idadb where idadb.wupeople_entity_id is not null 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

MichaelWoodruff
New Contributor
New Contributor

I run this query in data analyzer I get the below results.

select username, owner, manager from users where username in (
)

MichaelWoodruff_0-1709130804143.png

MichaelWoodruff
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ah...this is the select directly in our database.

MichaelWoodruff_0-1709217780343.png

SELECT case when idadb.wupeople_manager_wupeople_entity_id= 'NULL' then '' else dadb.wupeople_manager_wupeople_entity_id end as IDADBmanager,
FROM ida_registry.dbo.idv_saviynt_composite_data_load AS idadb where idadb.wupeople_entity_id is not null

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak