Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Launch certification rule for selected users

akhilvatsa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello,

We have a User Update Rule-> To launch certification if certain values are updated on the Users. However, the Manager Certification launched is for all applications and their managers. How do we put query to just launch cert for users for whom this rule was triggered?

Thanks,

Akhil Vatsa

10 REPLIES 10

Enakshi
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Manager certification will be launched for the users for whom the rule is satisfied. No separate config/query is needed for that.
Also, list of applications are configurable in campaign configuration.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Please share rule configuration. You need to list configuration list of users and application in certification template attached under user update rule

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hello Rushikesh, sharing screenshot of the config below:

akhilvatsa_0-1670002365951.png

akhilvatsa_2-1670002530655.png

As per user update rule whichever user's any of 5 attribute updated it will create certification, please use advanced query in rule

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I see you have four OR conditions and one AND condition. I believe logic is not working the way you wanted. What the logic you want to achieve, Are you expecting to launch certification if Cost Center + any of the other four attributes are updated then launch certification?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

akhilvatsa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello sk,

Yes, the expectation is to launch the certification if any of these attributes get updated. And we are seeing the rule is being triggered in User's Update History tab.

However, the certification that is launched is not only for the users which were updated but for all managers for the selected applications.

So are you saying even if user is not having these 5 attributes updates still respective manager got the certification?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

akhilvatsa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Correct, the certification is being launched for all the managers available in the system irrespective of, if their direct report has triggered this user update rule.

akhilvatsa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I think I know the issue now, all JobCodes were updated and now the rule has run for all users. This has launched 1000+ certifications, is there any way to complete all these certifications automatically?

Even for any new user update rule trigger, I think the previous users are also shown in the certifications unless the certification is completed?

You can discontinue the certification

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak