Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Issues with InactivateUserOnly Setting in Import Job

Wes
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello!

We are having some issues with getting the InactivateUserOnly setting in our import job to work properly. We import our data directly from SAP HCM using an 8-digit employee ID (EmployeeID attribute). We want to see if users who have an EmployeeID in Saviynt, but not in HCM, will be inactivated or terminated. Further testing in our dev environment reveals that the import job acknowledges these users, but doesn't do anything with them. All other users import properly like normal.

Attached is a snippet from the logs at this time, targeted on one of the Employee ID's I was using that doesn't exist in HCM.

Note: The 'User Termination from Imports' configuration is Enabled.

Is anyone using this new setting successfully? Please let me know!

Thank you,

- Wes

7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

What is configuration under 

Admin > Global Configurations >Identity lifecycle > OFFBOARDING.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Wes
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Rushikesh,

Here is my config for this section: 

Wes_0-1707314446917.png

Wes
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Rushikesh, Do you see anything weird with my configuration?

User Termination from Imports --> Keep blank and try

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Wes
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I made this value blank and it looks like we have the same result. I used a test employee ID that doesn't exist in HCM (00987771) and there was no mention of this user in the logs after the import ran. The account did not get deactivated either.

Is this feature working for your company?

We dont have such requirement hence not explored

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

IDAM09
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi @Wes ,

Appreciate if could you mention here if the issue with "InactivateUserOnly" is sorted. We are facing the same issue with the Database integration.

Thanks.