Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Information Required on the Workflow variables and object structure

Ajith
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello ,

I'm trying to get hands-on to workflows in Saviynt IGA. However I find it difficult to understand the variables, its object type and structure to extract out the required info.

In one of our workflow I saw a groovy script in the if-else block

requestedby.authorities.collect { it.authority }.contains("ROLE_ADMIN")

It would be great to know how to determine the structure of the object - requestedby (or any other objects that we may encounter in future). 

Can you also explain what the above groovy script means 

Thanks,
Ajith

8 REPLIES 8

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Click on help button to get list of all variables 

rushikeshvartak_0-1699900250277.png

requestedby.authorities.collect { it.authority }.contains("ROLE_ADMIN")

It checks that person who is requesting have ROLE_ADMIN sav role or not, authority stores all sav role and it loop between all sav roles user have

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Ajith
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks @rushikeshvartak . I have seen this on the help menu previously.
The link I'm missing is how we can understand that "requestedby" object has a member named "authorities" and how do we know that authority object stores SAV_Roles.

Is there any documentation available on these objects?

Thanks,

Ajith

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v23x/page/Content/Chapter12-Workflows/Workflow-Compon... 

Regarding authority - its not documented - https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/role-admin-user-should-get-auto-approved-on-reques... 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Ajith
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak Thanks for the links.
I'm keen in learning workflow customization using Groovy scripts. Though the list of objects can be seen from the help button, the actual structure of object is not available. This is making the things a bit challenging.

I think the best way is to raise a support request for the specific usecase that we are interested in. If you have any other suggestion happy to hear that too.

Can you share the other members present in the object "requestedby"

Thanks,
Ajith

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Support is likely to redirect you here. Bottom line: documentation needs major improvement around workflow module. Workflow development is extremely challenging as-is.

members?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

I mean the detailed object structure, its fields etc.

Thanks,
Ajith

No i dont have any other details

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak