Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Import selected data of account properties from array with REST Connector

BrandonLucas_BF
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi -

I found this example of how to store objectList data from a REST import for useror account attributes, and only store one item from the array. Developers Handbook (saviyntcloud.com)

{
  "connection": "acctAuth",
  "url": "<specify URL>",
  "httpMethod": "GET",
  "httpHeaders": {
    "Accept": "application/json"
  },
  "userResponsePath": "d.results",
  "colsToPropsMap": {
    "username": "username",
    "systemUserName": "username~#~char",
    "email": "#CONST#${List responseList = response.empInfo.personNav.emailNav.results; int count = 0; int size = responseList.size(); Iterator iterator = responseList.iterator(); while (iterator.hasNext()){count++; Map dataMap = iterator.next(); if('312'.equals(dataMap.emailType)){return dataMap.emailAddress}else if(count == size){return null}}}~#~char",
    "customproperty15": "#CONST#${List responseList = response.empInfo.personNav.emailNav.results; int count = 0; int size = responseList.size(); Iterator iterator = responseList.iterator(); while (iterator.hasNext()){count++; Map dataMap = iterator.next(); if('310'.equals(dataMap.emailType)){return dataMap.emailAddress}else if(count == size){return null}}}~#~char",
    "customproperty13": "#CONST#Internal~#~char"
  }
}

I have sample data similar to the following from a REST endpoint:

{
    "total": 47,
    "limit": 100,
    "offset": 0,
    "data": [
        {
            "activated": "2023-03-16T20:26:20.718Z",
            "config": {
                "locale": "en_US"
            },
            "created": "2023-03-16T16:22:36Z",
            "emails": [
                {
                    "value": "user@contoso.com",
                    "primary": true
					}
            ],
            "enabled": true,

}

If I store emails.value into an attribute, it comes back as [user@contoso.com]. I believe this is because it is part of an array.

The desire is to search the array and where a value is found where primary=true, store that value. Can you please provide a suggestion using the documentation sample above? I have tried several versions of the documented solution, and each time I get a data truncation error when running the import job complaining that the attribute I'm storing is too long for the customproperty.

1 REPLY 1

SB
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Can you try to collect/convert the data to string

.collect{it.toString()}

and then use replace function to replace [ ]with '' blank value

.replace('[','').replace(']','')

Regards,
Sahil