Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Hybrid Implementation - REST Connection for Account Reconciliation and Ticket Provisioning.

Saviynt_Savvy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi all,

I have the below Requirment:

• Reconciliation : Use the target application REST Connector to pull accounts and entitlements
  • Provisioning : Leverage Freshservice as Ticket System, using a "Service Desk Connection" in the Security System in order to open tickets.

Explanation in Detail:
I have a Security System and an Endpoint where I use a REST Connector (ImportAccountEnt JSON) to Reconcile the Accounts and Entitlements (Phoenix).
And to provision the Accounts I'm creating Tickets in Freshservice, using a REST Connector (CreateTicketJSON).

I'm using these two different REST connectors for Reconciliation and Ticket creation in a Single Security System as shown below.

Saviynt_Savvy_0-1716440292785.png

When I run the Provisioning Job (to create Ticket in Freshservice) with 2 connectors in a Security System (Hybrid Connection), I see the Pending Tasks getting completed instead changing to "Pending Provision" and created the Ticket in Freshservice.

But if I use only the "Service Desk Connection" in the Security System and run the provisioning Job, then I see the Pending Tasks status changed to "Pending Provision" and Ticket created in Freshservice and the Task is completed only after closing the Ticket in the Freshservice.

Is this an Expected behaviour ? OR Can we use 2 different connectors in a Security System where one connector is used for Reconciliation (Pheonix) and other connector is used for Ticket Creation (Freshservice)?

Please Suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
SaviyntSavvy

7 REPLIES 7

Dhruv_S
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Saviynt_Savvy 

We can use two connections -one for provisioning another for reconciliation in same security system. 

Can you confirm if you have selected checkbox recon application for phoenix. 

Dhruv_S_0-1716537330499.png

Also please select the provisioning application in provisioning connection.

Dhruv_S_1-1716537413402.png

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Hi @Dhruv_S 

I have the Recon application Enabled and tried selecting the Provisioning connection, but the issue still exists same.

Thanks & Regards,
SaviyntSavvy

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Can you share job and security system screenshot full page. Also share logs when you run wsretry

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak 
The above issue is resolved and I can provision the tickets in the Hybrid Implementation.
Now I'm facing another issue, a few task types were closed automatically after running the Provisioning Job.
The Update Account, New Account tasks were getting closed automatically right after running the provisioning Job.
Please go through the forum post below to better understand my issue.
https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/provisioning-tasks-is-completed-before-servicenow-...

The only difference is, I'm using the Freshservice ITSM instead of ServiceNow.

Thanks & Regards,
SaviyntSavvy

What was resolution of this thread issue. Please provide solution and mark as solution

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@Saviynt_Savvy 

Could you please share the solution to the first issue and close the thread by accepting that as solution. For the 2nd issue, could you please open a new post with complete details.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

HI @rushikeshvartak @Dhruv_S 
I didn't get the solution for the first issue in the thread, I just restarted the application.

After restarting the application, the problem was solved partially.
I can create the tickets only for a few task types (Disable account, Add/Remove access) and the status of the pending tasks is changed to a pending provision after running the Provisioning Job.

But, I also observed that the Security System is picking up the Provisioning Connection automatically and completing a  few task types (New account , Update account) automatically.

I mentioned the new issue in the thread below.
https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/hybrid-implementation-specific-provisioning-tasks-...

Thanks & Regards,
SaviyntSavvy