Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to Skip approval when Manager and Access Approval Block owner is same

harishyara
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Everyone,

We have defined workflow where if user request for some role R1 then the request will go for

1. Manager Approval

2. Application Owner Approval (Access Approval block with owner Having Rank 1)

3. Resource Owner Approval (Access Approval block with owner Having Rank 2)

Issue - 

When user (having manager as M1) requests for any role for endpoint E1, first the request is going for manager approval (M1) but it is still going for M1 for the approval [since M1 is added as Owner (Having Rank1) for the Role]. so want to skip Application owner approval and go for Resource owner if Manager and Application Owner (Owner Having Rank 1) is same user.

Anyone please suggest what can we do this to achieve this use case?

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

sudeshjaiswal
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hello @harishyara,

You can try using the  if-else block after manager approval in the workflow.

entitlement.getOwnerRank1().contains(manager.username) eq true
entitlement.ownerRank1.contains(manager.username)

Thanks.

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

Hi @sudeshjaiswal 

I tried above configs but still it is going to same person twice for Approval. (here Manager and App Owner Having Rank1 is same person)

Regards,

Harish

Saathvik
All-Star
All-Star

@harishyara : Are you using Serial WF or Parallel WF? Can you share the WF Screenshot? Also for resource owner approval why are you using Access Approval block instead of Resource Owner Approval block? Are you assigning resource owner as well the owner of role with rank2?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

harishyara
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Saathvik - I am using Parallel workflow. I used Access Approval Block tied with Owner Having Rank1 (2nd Level of Approval) and again for 3rd level I used Access Approval with Owner Having Rank2.

Please find below screenshot of workflow.

harishyara_0-1700249816187.png

harishyara_2-1700249875120.png

@harishyara : So if I go to respective entitlement/role, I will see two owners assigned, Application owner as Rank1 and Resource Owner as Rank2? 

entitlement.getOwnerRank1().contains(user.manager.username) eq true

or 

entitlement.getOwnerRank1().contains(user.manager) eq true

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

Hello @harishyara 

if you want to skip approval you should send to accept after if-else block only in the workflow.

please modify it and try.

Thanks

If you find the above response useful, Kindly Mark it as "Accept As Solution".

• if else block - checkRoleOwner - true should go to Grant Access block

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
  • I see a gap in the WF configuration. Swap your checkRoleOwner if-else block - on True route to Step 3 (Resource Owner Approval) and on False route to step 2 (Application Owner Approval)
  • Please change and retry.

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India

harishyara
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @Rajesh-R I changed Configs as per your suggestion, it's now working but need to achieve below scenarios -

1. If Manager and Entitlement Owner having Rank1 is same then After Manager Approval, New Account and Add Access both should go to ResourceOwnerApproval block to approve.

2.If Manager and Entitlement Owner having Rank1 is different then After Manager Approval, New Account and Add Access both should go to ApplicationOwnerApproval block to approve, if app owner approves then New Account and Add Access both should go to ResourceOwnerApproval block to approve.

Please help here to make it work.

Instead of access of access approval block use custom assignment block

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Rajesh-R
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@harishyara 

You can use the following condition in your wf after the manager approval is completed  

entitlement.getOwnerRank1() eq user.manager

Thanks
Rajesh Ramalingam
Saviynt India