Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to set the Service Account Owner attribute after importing the accounts from AD

mahafujkhan1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Previously we use a CustomQueryJob  to update teh account owner for all the Service Owner.

We are reconciling the owner's details in CP11.

Now, after migrating to 23.10 we don't have the option to create a new Custom Query Job. The old Custom Query Job is still there any running but this time we need another custom query job for another application.

The enhance query qon't allow us to update the owner in accountowners tables.

We won't be using the SAV4SAV to update the owner, SAV4SAV is not configured in the system and client do not want to integrate it now.

What are the other options amiable to achieve the required outcome?

One option I am thinking of ExternalJar but that is bit complex solution at this point.

I would appriciate your suggestions and advice on this.

9 REPLIES 9

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @mahafujkhan1  please refer to the below documentation. You can use actionable analytics to achieve this 

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter17-EIC-Analytics/Managing-An...

naveenss_0-1709800682953.png

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

mahafujkhan1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @naveenss ,

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you if we have a way to automate the process?

We can't take the default action for this Analytics, so, is there a way we can achieve this without manual intervention?

We imported one time using import sheet. Henceforth accounts will be created in saviynt hence issue resolved

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

The challenge is we have to automate the process as we will import the accounts frequently.

What's your suggestion if we use the EXTERNAL jar and update the accounts using API?

Another option is using the EXTERNAL jar and use the existing Saviynt4Saviynt connection's cred to connect and update the DB.

Unclean approch trigger update account task & call update account api to map owner or in case of DB do insert.

this will avoid use of jar

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

We are not using the Saviynt4Saviynt connection.

How do you suggest to trigger the Update account task and against what application?

I guess we can do some trick in Actionable Analytics and trigger the Update Account Task.

But I am confused against which application?

If Saviynt4Saviynt then we can't as we don't have any account under that application, so wouldn't be able to raise Update Account Task.

@rushikeshvartak 

Appreciate your response and guidance.

• One time you need to use import sheet
  • hence forth service account will be created in saviynt ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

The historic Service Accounts are imported via CSV.

I am thinking about the new Service Accounts.

Those will be created by saviynt 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak