Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

How to change the Endpoint Name

sabyasachi1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi , 
I want to change the name of an endpoint by using Enhanced Query Exexution in JOB. But I am not able to do so.
Here I am using this query:
update endpoints set endpointname ='New Name' where endpointname= 'oldName'limit 1;

But getting the below error at the time of preview.
Error: Operation is not allowed as you are entering a value that resembles or contains SQL Query.

And let me know if it is possible to use endpointkey Instead of endpointname after the Where clause.

Referring Linkhttps://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/how-can-we-change-endpoint-name/td-p/50220.

Regards,
Sabyasachi Mohanty

5 REPLIES 5

NM
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@sabyasachi1 make use of enhanced query.

sabyasachi1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @NM 
I am using  Enhanced Query Execution in JOB type.

Sample query 

select 'Active Directory' as endpoints__endpointname ,'Active Directory Display' as endpoints__displayname ,endpointkey as endpoints__primarykey from endpoints where endpointkey=2 limit 1;

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

SumathiSomala
All-Star
All-Star

@sabyasachi1  Try below using Enhanced Query Execution in JOB type. 

SELECT  '<endpointname>' AS ENDPOINTS__ENDPOINTNAME , ep.endpointkey as  ENDPOINTS__PRIMARYKEY  FROM ENDPOINTS  ep where ep.status=1 and ep.endpointkey=7;

Regards,
Sumathi Somala

If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos.

Raghu
All-Star
All-Star

@sabyasachi1  Think are using 24.5v , Custom query's deprecated 23.9v, you need to prepare  enhanced query format it work.

more info : https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/Release-Notes/page/Content/v23/Release-Notes-23-9.htm

Example :

select 'New Name' as ENDPOINTS__ENDPOINTNAME,a.ENDPOINTKEY as ENDPOINTS__PRIMARYKEY from ENDPOINTS a where A.ENDPOINTNAME = 'oldName'

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.