Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

How to change role status from inactive to active?

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

We have defined a role, there is no entitlements or users associated with it yet. but somehow its status is inactive. and it is not allowed to be updated.

How can we change its status back to active and continue use it? We must use this same role name because we need migrate same role definition/association from another IAM system to Saviynt.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @alc ,

1. Checked the check box Role modification auto approve under Admin -> Global Configuration-> Roles.

2. Change the status of Role from Inactive to Active. It will create new version of role.

3. Go to version tab of the Roles, select the latest version and send for approval.

4. Request will be auto approved and status changes will be reflected.

Let me know if it helps.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello Pandharinath,

Thanks for your help. We do have that checkbox checked in global configuration. we tried the checkbox and also tried uncheck it and enable auto aprroval workflow for role modification, neither is working, when we go to the role and click Edit, it shows:

alc_0-1692733462137.png

@alc ,

Can you import the same role using CSV with same details and status as Active and try.

You can get sample Role import csv in Saviynt documentation.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

I tried import role via import role association option. it is not get updated at all.

Any idea please?

You can’t change status once it’s inactivated. Only way is custom query

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thanks Rushikesh, I saw your other forum using custom query:

update roles set status =0 where roletype=4 and role_name in ('A','B')

But I am not sure where to use it? I tried a job with execute advanced query, looks it only allow SELECT query even I select update option.

Can you point me correct job types and job parameters?

Thanks

Please check below link for sample:

https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-FAQ/page/Content/FAQs.htm

Search with "Enhanced Query Execution"

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

alc
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Thank you very much! this document helps. I'll follow the instructions to execute select statement fro insert and update.