Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to build/develop custom java jar solution?

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Team,

We need to develop custom java jar solution which will copy the values from user fields into custom property of user profile based on some conditions.

We have prepared custom query but its very time bound solution and not the perfect one as we are missing some of the values between the job run.

So we have decided to go for custom java jar solution, is there any Saviynt document present which tells about generic steps to build the java jar with metadata files if any.

Thank you,

Rahul

6 REPLIES 6

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thank you @dgandhi  and @prasannta for your response.

I am going through links, its giving info about how it works.  One of the link talking about the custom action on preprocessor, exploring it.

In order to design it from scratch, is there any other example about how to prepare jar?

Regards,

Rahul

prasannta
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @rahul_p 

You can create jar like how you would create one for any standard java application. There is nothing specific standard that you need to follow. If you have questions/issue during development, you can always raise forum posts.

Thanks

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello @prasannta ,

Thank you for your reply.

I have following standard queries :

1. What the argument we have to use when it comes to update rules, technical rules, during import? e.g.userJson etc? What are the values of those or what attributes values it contains? or it contains complete user profile?
  2. When we are writing System.out.println, which log files its printing the log messages? IN standard logs, its not showing.
  3. How to send response?
  4. How to consume any extra arguments?
  5. What are the standard arguments for custom action corresponding to various configuration? like During user import process, during user update rules/technical rules

If you could help here as I am struggling for these standard configuration.

Regards,

Rahul

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

After a lot of struggle, research, opening multiple Saviynt Forums questions which got answered by Various Saviynt employees and going through multiple Saviynt document finally I am able to build the proper JAR which can be expected by Saviynt instance and its working 😊

Thanks to all Saviynt experts who helped me.

Here are some pointers which I found its useful:

1. What the argument we have to use when it comes to update rules, technical rules, during import? e.g.userJson etc? What are the values of those or what attributes values it contains? or it contains complete user profile? 
    1. Its gives "userJson" in string format which we have take as argument in the method which we are developing.
    2. If we forgot the to write "userJson" as argument then MethodNotFound exception will occur.
    3. userJson argument is of String type and it contains full user profile.
  2. When we are writing System.out.println, which log files its printing the log messages? IN standard logs, its not showing.
    1. There is property debugenabledforconnectors=true in externalconfig.propertiesproperty which need to enabled.
    2. Then logger object can be declared and used in the code like Logger obj= Logger.getLogger(<CLASSNAME>.class.getName())
    3. With this object, custom loggers can be added.
  3. How to send response?
    1. Saviynt is not expecting any response from the custom action. So any response which you are returning will be ignored from Saviynt.
    2. To perform any action, standard Saviynt REST API need to use.
  4. How to consume any extra arguments?
    1. No need extra argument as all the user profile attribute comes as part of userJson which can be used in the code.
  5. What are the standard arguments for custom action corresponding to various configuration? like During user import process, during user update rules/technical rules
    1. There is only one argument userJson.

Thanks,

Rahul