Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

formatting date in email template

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi Team,

I am fetching the entitlement expiry date using analytics to notify end users using the below variable

${ANALYTICSDATA.'End Date'[0]} where 'End Date' is the value for the entitlement end date in the sql query. this is printing the end date in the format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS by default and I want to be able to print the end date in the email as MMM dd,yyyy instead. 

Please can someone advise how can the format be changed for the above variable? I have tried to change the format in the SQL query itself using the DATE_FORMAT function but the template is throwing error when I do that. 

[0]: index [testshiva], type [analytics], id [moE6NYwBSrr57YP5WlNs], message [ElasticsearchException[Elasticsearch exception [type=mapper_parsing_exception, reason=failed to parse field [End Date] of type [date] in document with id 'moE6NYwBSrr57YP5WlNs']]; nested: ElasticsearchException[Elasticsearch exception [type=illegal_argument_exception, reason=Invalid format: "Dec 04,2023"]];]

I have tried ${ANALYTICSDATA.'End Date'[0].format('MMM dd,yyyy')} and ${ANALYTICSDATA.'End Date'[0].toString().format('MMM dd,yyyy')} but none works. in this case, it ignores the value and just prints the output as MMM dd,yyyy instead of actual value. 

9 REPLIES 9

sk
All-Star
All-Star

@shivmano : Instead of trying to format in email template why don't try to format in SQL itself? like below

DATE_FORMAT(<date column>, "%b %d, %Y")

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@sk thank you for the response. Like I mentioned, I have actually tried to format it using DATE_FORMAT in the query itself. but it throws below error when I do that 

[0]: index [testshiva], type [analytics], id [moE6NYwBSrr57YP5WlNs], message [ElasticsearchException[Elasticsearch exception [type=mapper_parsing_exception, reason=failed to parse field [End Date] of type [date] in document with id 'moE6NYwBSrr57YP5WlNs']]; nested: ElasticsearchException[Elasticsearch exception [type=illegal_argument_exception, reason=Invalid format: "Dec 04,2023"]];]

@shivmano : Did you use the same format I shared? Can you share your sql query? Also don't alias the name which ends as Date, So change accordingly

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Yes, Here is the query 

select u.username as 'username', u.firstname as 'FirstName', u.lastname as 'LastName', a.name as 'AccountName', e.displayname as 'Application', ev.displayname as 'Entitlement', ev.DESCRIPTION as 'Description' , DATE_FORMAT(ae1.ENDDATE, '%b %d,%Y') as 'End Date' from users u, accounts a, user_accounts ua, entitlement_values ev, account_entitlements1 ae1, endpoints e where u.userkey= ua.userkey and u.STATUSKEY=1 and ua.ACCOUNTKEY = a.ACCOUNTKEY and a.ACCOUNTKEY = ae1.ACCOUNTKEY and a.status in ("Manually Provisioned",1,'Active') and ae1.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY = ev.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY and a.ENDPOINTKEY = e.ENDPOINTKEY and e.STATUS = 1 and ev.status = 1 and ae1.enddate is not null and (ae1.ASSIGNEDFROMROLE is null or ae1.ASSIGNEDFROMROLES is null) and DATEDIFF(ae1.ENDDATE,sysdate()) between 0 and 7

Try below

select u.username as 'username', u.firstname as 'FirstName', u.lastname as 'LastName', a.name as 'AccountName', e.displayname as 'Application', ev.displayname as 'Entitlement', ev.DESCRIPTION as 'Description' , DATE_FORMAT(ae1.ENDDATE, '%b %d,%Y') as 'End_Date' from users u, accounts a, user_accounts ua, entitlement_values ev, account_entitlements1 ae1, endpoints e where u.userkey= ua.userkey and u.STATUSKEY=1 and ua.ACCOUNTKEY = a.ACCOUNTKEY and a.ACCOUNTKEY = ae1.ACCOUNTKEY and a.status in ("Manually Provisioned",1,'Active') and ae1.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY = ev.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY and a.ENDPOINTKEY = e.ENDPOINTKEY and e.STATUS = 1 and ev.status = 1 and ae1.enddate is not null and (ae1.ASSIGNEDFROMROLE is null or ae1.ASSIGNEDFROMROLES is null) and DATEDIFF(ae1.ENDDATE,sysdate()) between 0 and 7

Regards,
Saathvik

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Thank you @sk , looks like the issue was with using the alias that ends with 'Date'. Changing the alias in the query worked..!

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Change SQL Query

select u.username, u.firstname, u.lastname, a.name as 'Account Name',  e.endpointname as 'Application', ev.entitlement_value as 'Entitlement', ev.DESCRIPTION as 'Description' ,
DATE_FORMAT(ae1.ENDDATE ,"%M %d,%Y") as 'End_Date' from
users u, accounts a, user_accounts ua, entitlement_values ev, account_entitlements1 ae1, endpoints e
where u.userkey= ua.userkey and u.STATUSKEY=1
and ua.ACCOUNTKEY = a.ACCOUNTKEY
and a.ACCOUNTKEY = ae1.ACCOUNTKEY
and a.status in ("Manually Provisioned",1,'Active')
and ae1.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY = ev.ENTITLEMENT_VALUEKEY
and a.ENDPOINTKEY = e.ENDPOINTKEY
and e.STATUS = 1
and ev.status = 1
and ae1.enddate is not null
and (ae1.ASSIGNEDFROMROLE is null or ae1.ASSIGNEDFROMROLES is null)
and DATEDIFF(ae1.ENDDATE,sysdate()) between 0 AND (select configdata from configuration where name = 'NUMBEROFDAYSBEFOREENTITLEMENTEXPIRYDATE');

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

shivmano
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Like I mentioned, I have actually tried to format it using DATE_FORMAT in the query itself. but it throws below error when I do that 

change alias of column 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.