Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Error validation error message in custom form Dynamic attribute

Ankyt19
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello All,

I am building a custom form to understand if we can update email in respective target application using custom UI . I was able to create the form but I need to understand below details if can be achieved : 

1) Valid updated email fields : I have used regex field and populated below values so that users are restricted to submit invalid format of email addresses : 

^[a-zA-Z0-9]*[._]?[a-zA-Z0-9]*[@][a-zA-Z0-9]*[.][a-zA-Z0-9]*$

But When I try I am getting below error : 

Ankyt19_0-1694264458677.png

Can we edit the error message by adding enter valid email address ?   Note : I have put the description for that in config setting: 

Ankyt19_1-1694264520926.png

Also, I have used duplicate not allowed , but it still gives the same message as above .

2)  Can we change the message after submitting the request?

Ankyt19_0-1694266557990.png

3) Can we add drop down from values account form ? if comma separated, can we filter with comma and put the values in dropdown?  this is for proxy address value (which is multivalued attribute in AD)

Thanks

Ankit

3 REPLIES 3

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

#3 yes you can add comma separated values surround value with double quotes 

#2 yes you can change message in v5.5 under message.properties  & DO restart

rushikeshvartak_0-1694399424370.png

Latest version 

rushikeshvartak_1-1694399454538.png

#1 You can't customize message on regex validation

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Ankyt19
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak  ,

Thanks for options .

I want to discuss with you regarding point#3 .

Can you please elaborate , how this can be done in custom form ?

1) I need to recon proxy address from AD to Saviynt account form and possibly to user form ?

2) Since we have multiple values in proxy addresses , but in single attribute in user/account form 

3) If not drop down, we can just display single attribute with list of proxy address value ( possilby) , and then duplicity also need to check against that : like contains or something ?

If you have done this settings , would be helpful if you can share some screenshots if possible ?

Thanks

Ankit

Ankyt19
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi @rushikeshvartak  ,

multivalued values separated by comma can be made as drop down to custom UI