Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Error sending email using Notify option from Certifications page

glegault
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello,

We are currently testing out the Certifications feature with multiples Email Templates.

I notice that there is a Notify option here that I think is related to the Notify Certifier Email Template (please correct me if I am wrong).

glegault_0-1713896168269.png

glegault_1-1713896229426.png

When trying to use this option we get this very generic error message.

glegault_2-1713896256030.png

I found this in logs that matches every time I tried the option so I would say it is definitely related.

2024-04-22T16:00:01-04:00-ecm-services.EmailerService-http-nio-8080-exec-89-9rvz6-ERROR-MailException while sending emailMail server connection failed; nested exception is com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException:Couldn't connect to host, port: localhost, 25; timeout 60000; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused). Failed messages: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: localhost, 25; timeout 60000; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

Is there a special requirement for this option to work?

It looks as if the option is not using our currently working SMTP configuration that sends all other emails without any issue.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Are you able to get other emails as part of Certification?

Have you checked all the binding variables in the Notify email template?

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Can you confirm how and where this option is visible

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi, 

I am referring to the Notify option accessible from the Certification List page. When you click on the 3 dots on the right of Start or Resume Certification there is a menu with this option. (see screenshot).

I was thinking the use case might be to manually notify certifiers. I am not sure we will ever use this. We will use automatic reminders after "x" days but I wanted to understand why this is not working in case we ever want to use this.

glegault_0-1713961631410.png

Thank you.

This option works only on last day when certification status is overdue

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Oh this is interesting... Thank you for the information.

The error message and log gave me the impression there might be a misconfiguration. I will give this another try testing it once the certification is overdue and update this post after.

Still unsure how you got option

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/how-to-trigger-notifications-for-an-overdue-certif...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak