Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Entity attribute

FranciscoS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Dear community,

We are about to use Entity built-in attribute to populate information of interest for every user. (ex. data feed of the employee profile whose source triggered the creation).

We want to know if this attribute is used by some OOTB feature of the tool.

• Can we proceed populating this value?
  • Is there any official document to ensure that these built-in attributes (standard ones, not customProperties) are not used by any OOTB feature?

Kindly help us please.

Many thanks in advance!

Francisco J.

7 REPLIES 7

prasannta
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @FranciscoS 

All attributes listed on the user profile are populated from your authoritative source. If there is an entity name attribute specified in third-party application the entity details are fetched at the time of import and displayed in this field.

Saviynt does not populate this field from any OOTB process. If you do not have any source populating this field then you can use Entity attribute for your use case.

Thanks

FranciscoS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @prasannta ,

How did you check that this field is not populated by any OOTB config? I would like to have a way to check if we can use some of the built-in properties for our use cases... (any official document?)

Thanks in advance.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@FranciscoS there is no OOTB config to populate a field.

It all depends on what you have configured as part of user import mappings.

Also, we had a similiar case where we are populating the data from 2 different source (SAP and DB).

We are using 1 cp property and hardcoding to identify the source.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

FranciscoS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello @Manu269 ,

How did you check that this field is not populated by any OOTB config? I would like to have a way to check if we can use some of the built-in properties for our use cases... (any official document?)

Thanks in advance.

Hi @FranciscoS 

As i mentioned earlier its based on the attributes and corresponding Saviynt attributes mapping which you do for user import.

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

FranciscoS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @prasannta @Manu269 ,

Thanks for que prompt answer.

I was said that for example, Comments field (in UserDetails section, built-in attribute) is used by one-click disable process within Saviynt.

Regards

prasannta
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @FranciscoS 

There is no OOTB configuration to populate Entity attribute. As mentioned before, Saviynt will not populate any user fields unless its configured to be used as per your implementation. You can query the Users table from Data Analyzer to check if there are users with Entity field populated. If yes then you can check the user update history to find out further details.

Thanks