Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Entitlement owner import from database connector

rajesh005
New Contributor
New Contributor
Hello Team,

We have servicenow integration where we reconcile groups from servicenow as entitlements into Saviynt. Those groups have owners (which are entitlement owners) and we get that information in REST api call itself. Owner information in api call is in the format of sys_id (unique identifier in service now) and not an email or employeeid etc.

rajesh005_1-1668049102633.png

In order to map the entitlement owner with their corresponding entitlements, I am taking that manager.value into entitlement customproperty. with that customproperty I am going to map the entitlment owners via a DB based import job.

I created the entitlmentvalueimport xml (PFA) in the connection "Saviynt_Servicenow_Entitlement_Owner_mapping '' . With that xml I am currenlty facing error in logs. I did various permutations and combinations on  modifying the sql query and mapper definitions (you can see the various xml i tried by checking under "Saviynt_Servicenow_Entitlement_Owner_mapping" connection history) and it still didn't work and gave me the same error, can you let me know what is the causing this issue. Below is the log error that we are seeing.

"ecm-worker","2022-11-09T16:17:01.701+00:00","{"log":"2022-11-09 16:16:57,327 [quartzScheduler_Worker-9] ERROR saviynt.EntitlementValueImportService - Error in Entitlement Values Import: \n","stream":"stdout","time":"2022-11-09T16:16:57.327447686Z"}"
"ecm-worker","2022-11-09T16:17:01.701+00:00","{"log":"groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: entitlement for class: groovy.sql.GroovyRowResult\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2022-11-09T16:16:57.32745191Z"}"
"ecm-worker","2022-11-09T16:17:01.701+00:00","{"log":"\u0009at 

You can run the job on your own in saviynt dev with triggername (servicenow_entitlement_owner_DB_import)
7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Change entowner26 to entowner1 and try

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

I tried with that too Rushi(immediately after I saw that error) thinking entowner 26 might not be exposed but it too didn't worked

Try xml from documentation 

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000617705-database-connector-guide#Databa...

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hello Rushi,

I was able to import entitlement owner with using attached xml. However I am seeing this error and job is failing even though it is importing owners.

Can you let me know if I need to do any other changes in xml to make the job success

rajesh005_0-1668696026794.png

you have use left join . make sure every line item having owner else it will throw error

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Error is because the data type of query output and saviynt column is not matching.

In your mapping I see you mapped status column as character but in saviynt that column is bigint. So try to change datatype as number and it should work. Similarly see if you have any other columns has mismatch of data types and correct them accordingly

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

abhiupadhyay
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

In my case, I was getting "groovy.sql.GroovyRowResult" error because the source DB column has '_' in it. The issue got resolved when I put alias name without '_' .. like "select USER_ID as 'USERID'" ..