Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Endpoint attribute for 'Block any request due to existing request/task in-flight'

akhilvatsa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello developers, 

We are trying to update an endpoint's attribute for 'Block any request due to existing request/task in-flight' via API. Using this attribute as provided in API documentation (Saviynt Security Manager API Reference v5.5 SP3.20 (getpostman.com))

"blockInflightRequest":"true"

However, the API call is not updating this particular attribute, while updating other endpoint attributes.

Can you please help us with the correct attribute for API update case or any way we can use custom query to update this? 

We have use case to do it via API or customquery, and not through UI

Thanks,
Akhil Vatsa
7 REPLIES 7

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

No attribute gets updated using above flag. It internally validates if any request / tasks in progress 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

So we cannot turn the flag on through query or APIs? As we would like to block any new request if in-flight request is pending. 

For reference, we would like to update the below highlighted attribute to ON via API or database query update.

akhilvatsa_0-1710772515922.png

You need to keep this flag on and and from API you have choice whether you have to enforce inflight validation or not

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Can you share the body and API call that you are making from postman?

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

akhilvatsa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @dgandhi ,

PUT: https://ssm-test-<tenant-name>.saviyntcloud.com/ECM/api/v5/updateEndpoint

Sample body:

{
    "endpointname":"My App",
    "displayName" : "My App",
    "securitysystem" : "My App",
    "description" : "<h4 style=\"\">BEFORE REQUESTING FOR A ROLE, PLEASE LOG INTO <a href=https://test.com/> URL</a> AT LEAST ONCE </h4>",
     "disableNewAccountRequestIfAccountExists" : "true",
    "disableRemoveAccount" :"true",
    "disableModifyAccount":"false",
    "blockInflightRequest":"true"
    }

It seems this cannot be updated from API.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @akhilvatsa ,

5.5 SP 3.X had this issue which has been fixed in V2021.0.0 (link)

PremMahadikar_0-1710781816788.png

Its works for me! Please upgrade the version.

If this answers your questions, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit kudos.