Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Update Access End Date is not working

deepa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to update end date for an entitlement and submit the request. Update Access End Date Task is getting created but it is not getting completed immediately. I have instant provisioning enabled on that endpoint. Add and Remove access are working properly as per the entitlement start date and end date. Update task gets executed only at the updated time. 

For eg: If i have the start date as 2/15/2024 10:30 and end date as 2/15/2024 11:00. Access gets added successfully. Before the end time reaches, I updated the end date to 2/15/2024 12:00. What happens is update task gets created but it is in pending state. At 11:00 as per the end date access is removed and update end task gets executed only at 12.00 and the entitlement is not assigned to the account anymore at that time.

Below is the message i get for the task

"Enddate of task is lesser than current date, so task is discontinued"

Any idea why update task would not get completed and update the end date?
13 REPLIES 13

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

have you configured the EnterpriseRoleManagementJob job?

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

what was start date selected when you have selected " updated the end date to 2/15/2024 12:00"

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Kaushik
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I am facing similar issue.

I raised request for an entitlement with Start Date as 16 Feb 10.20 am and End Date as 16Feb 11 am

Access got provisioned immediately since Instant Provisioning is on at EndPoint level.

Next I raised another request where I modified EndDate to 16 Feb 10.30 am

Update Access End Date task got created and showing in Pending tasks

EnterpriseRoleManagementJob executed at 10.30 am but Update Access End Date task is still showing as Pending

How does [Update Access End Date] task execute ??

Which latest end date is there that will be considered 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Kaushik
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

But it did not consider.

Old End Date was 16 Feb 11 am while new End Date was 16 Feb 10.30 am which is the latest one but nothing happened when EnterpriseRoleManagementJob executed at 10.30 am because Update Access End Date task is still showing as Pending

check global config

rushikeshvartak_0-1708064240252.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Kaushik
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I already have this setting in Global config

Kaushik
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

It is working after I added [Update Access End Date] option to the list of Instant Provisioning Tasks under Tasks in Global Config

deepa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I added the option to the list of Instant Provisioning Task and Update task is getting completed and I see the end date updated in the table.

I have a parent endpoint AD and child endpoint for the application. When the I add access to the account using child endpoint, I see 2 entries created in account_entitlements1 table, one for parent endpoint and one for child endpoint. Both of these entries have the end date say 2/16/2024 1:30 PM.

Now when i go and do update the end date of the entitlement to 2/16/2024 2:00 PM, Only the entry for child endpoint is getting updated.

So when the ENT_ROLES(Create task for Future ENT Role Request) job run, It is considering the entry on the parent endpoint and creating remove access for the entitlement. When that task is completed, entitlement is getting removed from child endpoint too.

Any idea how i can solve this?

deepa
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Add on information is, I do have the parent endpoint as non-requestable. So user will not be able to request access for parent endpoint explicitly.

deepa_0-1708112505802.png

This looks like an issue with Endpoint Filter concept please raise defect on support portal

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Created a defect in support portal and they accepted as improvement.

Please share idea number

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak