Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Email notification to manager

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

Is it possible to send an email to manager in a bulk. For example, if we have a case where 10 users have their end date expiration and the end date expiration email needs to be notified to the manager, where 4 users are having same manager. So can we send only one email to manager having all the 4 users instead of 4 separate emails.

Do we have any query which can help in achieving this. 

Thanks, Ekata

15 REPLIES 15

smitg
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @Ekata  you can use analytics to achieve this use case. Please refer to the below forum post

Solved: Need to send emails to managers who reportees have... - Saviynt Forums - 23989

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Thanks for the response. This solution is for sending email to manager which is working for me but the manager gets separate emails for each user. I need to send only one email in case manager is same. for example if it is triggered for 5 users and 3 users having manager as Ekata so it should send only 1 email to Ekata with the users details in the file.

Is that possible?

Hi @Ekata ,

That's how it works. Can you share you analytics query.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

HI @pmahalle ,

Below is the analytic I have used which send the emails separately for each user :

SELECT u.USERNAME as 'User Name', u.statuskey, u.firstname as 'First Name', u.lastname as 'Last Name', u.enddate as 'End Date',m.username as username ,m.email AS 'Manager Email' FROM users u INNER JOIN users m ON m.userkey = u.manager WHERE u.statuskey = 1 AND DATE_FORMAT(U.ENDDATE, "%Y-%m-%d") = date_add(CURDATE(),INTERVAL 14 DAY) and u.customproperty25='Global Regional CSS';

Hi @Ekata which expression you are using to get email in email template under To?

If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Its ${userEmail}

Hi @Ekata ,

Query looks good but can you make sure below configuration is enabled under Global configurations --> Analytics. If not, enabled it and try again.

pmahalle_0-1690376676727.png

Can you enable below config and try?

dgandhi_0-1690376266838.png

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Ekata,

As @pmahalle told that's how it works. but if possible you can share you analytics query.

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

@Ekata  please share the analytics query you're using. 

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

The response regarding the Global config worked, however I just wanted to know if we can use the query instead on the global config. setting as it will be applicable for all cases.

Below is the query I used:

SELECT DISTINCT (u.username) as 'User Name', u.statuskey, u.firstname as 'First Name', u.lastname as 'Last Name',u.country, u.enddate as 'End Date',m.username as Managerusername ,m.email AS 'Manager Email' FROM users u INNER JOIN users m ON m.userkey = u.manager WHERE u.statuskey = 1 AND DATE_FORMAT(U.ENDDATE, "%Y-%m-%d") = date_add(CURDATE(),INTERVAL 2 DAY) and u.customproperty25='Global Regional CSS'  GROUP BY m.username;

But the issue is, it only picks the 1st user and not all users.

Do we have any syntax error which makes this happen?

@Ekata add u.username in the group by condition to fetch all the users for a manager like below.

SELECT DISTINCT (u.username) as 'User Name', u.statuskey, u.firstname as 'First Name', u.lastname as 'Last Name',u.country, u.enddate as 'End Date',m.username as Managerusername ,m.email AS 'Manager Email' FROM users u INNER JOIN users m ON m.userkey = u.manager WHERE u.statuskey = 1 AND DATE_FORMAT(U.ENDDATE, "%Y-%m-%d") = date_add(CURDATE(),INTERVAL 2 DAY) and u.customproperty25='Global Regional CSS'  GROUP BY m.username,u.username;

Let me know if this helps!

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @naveenss thanks for the response. I can see the missing users with this, but email trigger is not happening. I don't get any notification if I use this query. I received it if I do not add u.username but that is not accurate.

Ekata
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

Can we really use GROUP BY SQL condition for the above case. I guess there is conflict if we use both m.username and u.username in query. Due to which I do not receive the email.

Do we have any other option to achieve it?