Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Dynamic attributes

nitishdas
New Contributor
New Contributor

I need one help related to a dynamic attribute created under endpoint level. The data type is selected as SQL ENUM but when the user is trying to raise the access request through ARS his account name "e_tnitime" is not populating in the dynamic attribute.

19 REPLIES 19

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Have you configured the account name rule at endpoint level?

dgandhi_0-1694617479971.png

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

nitishdas
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nope it is not configured at endpoint level

Can you please configure that so that account name will be auto populated on the ARS request page.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.

Hello,

Could you please let me know if the below query can autopopulate the account name "e_titme" in the dynamic attribute while user is raising access request for the application through ARS:

SELECT distinct a.NAME as ID FROM USER_ACCOUNTS ua INNER JOIN ACCOUNTS a ON ua.ACCOUNTKEY = a.ACCOUNTKEY INNER JOIN ENDPOINTS e ON a.ENDPOINTKEY = e.ENDPOINTKEY WHERE e.endpointname IN ('Active Directory','Active Directory L1 & L2 Admin Accounts','Asset Admin','Active Directory App&Servers Admin Account') AND NAME REGEXP (select case when ${UPN} = '1 - Standard account' Then '^[^_]+\$' when ${UPN} = '2 - Non-standard A_ account (only for specific use)' Then '^a_[^_]+\$' when ${UPN} = '3 - Non-standard L_ account (only for specific use)' Then '^l_[^_]+\$' when ${UPN} = '4 - Non-standard W_ account (only for specific use)' Then '^w_[^_]+\$' else 'xxxx' End) AND ua.USERKEY='${this.binding.variables.containsKey("requestee")?requestee:""}';

Saviynt_learner
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @nitishdas 

Your question is not clear, why are you  referring to dynamic attributes here. If you follow the steps  that @dgandhi  mentioned above, the account name will auto-populate while requesting. 

Please let me know if your question was different than what we understood.

The issue is that there is one dynamic attribute for one of the applications in our environment, and in that dynamic attribute is working as a child attribute for another one. For example if we select some value in the parent dynamic attribute so the child attribute should auto populate the account name of the user which should be his AD's account name. So, the above query which I have pasted is for the child attribute and it is not populating user's AD account name(e_tntime)

Please share request form screenshot & what is type of request ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Sure,

This is the account name of the user:

nitishdas_0-1695963837194.png

This is the request form:

nitishdas_1-1695963932478.png

User will be selecting any of the values from the drop down User Profile name first which is the parent attribute:

nitishdas_2-1695963994731.png

Once user selects for example 1-standard account then the application name attribute should populate as "e_tmtime" which is basically the AD account name which I provided the screenshot above.

nitishdas
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello Rushikesh,

Could you please let me know if the above query is correct and can be used as per the requirement?

nitishdas
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello,

Could anyone help me on this?

Hi @nitishdas 

Please share the dynamic attribute details screenshot for both parent and child attributes and queries used in both parent attribute also.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

nitishdas_0-1699260828941.png

User profile name-Parent attribute (user need to select any value from the dropdown and the application account name should populate as per the user's AD account name)

Application account name- child attribute

Hi @nitishdas 

Please use the below in the child attribute and test and confirm. 

What action to perform when Parent attribute changes? Mapping

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

No, It did not work.

Hi @nitishdas 

I would request you to once validate the query you are using in both the parent/child Dynamic attributes in data analyzer and confirm if the SQL query is giving results as expected. 

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Hi @Dhruv_S ,

Yeah that is already verified and it is giving the results as expected.

Hi @nitishdas 

1. Please replace ${UPN} with '${UPN}' in child query and test. Reason could be Since you are comparing it with String value.

2. When you select the parent attribute UPN during the request. Please collect the logs at that time and share. 

I am assuming the parent attribute UPN is working fine. Please confirm.

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma

Hello @Dhruv_S ,

Do you want me to replace to '${UPN}' ?

Hi @nitishdas ,

Please share the logs with current query at the time when you go to the ARS and select the UPN value and it is unable to fill the child attribute. We can get more details from the logs only why it is failing.

Also, in the Regex comparison in child attribute query please try replace to '${UPN}' 

Regards,

Dhruv Sharma