Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Disable service account instead of revoke/remove

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello Team,

We have configured the service account and we are able to create/modify/revoke.

When we are revoking then its creating remove account task. We have requirement that initially we need to disable the service account and after some specific period we need to delete/revoke/remove the service account.

Can anybody suggest me how can I disable the service account instead of revoke/remove from manage service account tile?

Regards,

Rahul

11 REPLIES 11

sk
All-Star
All-Star

Remove action will directly create the remove task no workaround using that action.

If your use case is to disable then hide the remove button and then enable state and status Field for Disable. In that case user can submit request for disable and then later using analytics to detect the disabled accounts for certain period and then trigger deprovision account using actionable analytics

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thank you for the reply @sk .

I have disabled the remove account and added Disable in State and status field. But service account not showing in Request for other.

can you please suggest?

Regards,

Rahul

@rahul_p : Service Accounts won't show under Request For Others. Instead you have to go for Manage Service Accounts page, Where user will see the accounts that are owned by him. 

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello @sk,

Under manage service action which action user need to select? It shows Create/Modify/Revoke, we have disabled revoke action, now we have create and modify.

Also we have requirement that some specific group/set of users can request only for service account which we are managing using custom sav role.

So please tell me, how specific set of users which belongs to custom sav role can submit the disable request?

Regards,

Rahul

@rahul_p : If you enable Disable Status on Endpoint level you will see slider icon as shown below

sk_1-1696603679471.png

sk_0-1696603651587.png

Once you click on respective icon you can select the account and submit disable account request.

Whereas coming to your second question. Creation of service account you can control whom can request but any other requests such as modify/remove/disable/change password etc, Everything currently restricted to owner of service account.

I know Saviynt is working on enhancement to change that process but as of now, except create everything else is restricted to owner of service account.

Regards,
Saathvik

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Thank you @sk , I have enabled state and status for Disable but still not getting slider icon, restarting application and will check after that.

Will keep you posted.

Regards,

Rahul

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello @sk ,

Disable account task got generate but service account got deleted. 

Any comments.

Regards,

Rahul

What is the target endpoint? It depends on the logic you built for respective action on that connection

Regards,
Saathvik

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

The disable issue resolved, it was the issue of container in AD, its working now.

Regards,

Rahul

rahul_p
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hello @sk ,

I am trying to grant disable and modify service account operations permission to custom sav role, I have added below feature access :

"Manage Service Account

After that user is able to see only Add to cart for create only, not for Modify and Disable, can you help me here please?

This was related topic so did not create new forum question, thanks.

Regards,

Rahul

@rahul_p:  Firstly Modify and Disable options will show based on the configuration you have on endpoint. 

sk_0-1699547595908.png

sk_1-1699547622381.png

Secondly, Those options are only visible to owner of respective service account.

Regards,
Saathvik