Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Dashboard - getting data displayed from dashboard query

BillyMai
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I'm running a simple query to get all users from users table, however it doesn't display what is in the dashboard query, instead it will only display what i put in the "data" field in chart properties. If i don't put any value in "data", it shows up as undefined. What values do i need to put in the chart properties so that it can execute the dashboard query and display that within the tile?

[
{
"tileType": 1,
"valuefield": "Total_users",
"displayName": "Total Users",
"clickable": "yes",
"chartType": "icon-user",
"className": "dashboard-stat blue-soft"
}
]

BillyMai_1-1711059223995.png

3 REPLIES 3

PremMahadikar
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

Hi @BillyMai ,

Please follow below steps: (This should work)

1. Dashboard Query : select count(*) as 'totalCount' from users

2. Dashboard Type: Tile

3. Chart Properties: 

[{"tileType":1,"data":151,"displayName":"User Count","clickable":"no","chartType":"icon-bell","objectName":"","className":"dashboard-stat red-intense","category":"","clickType":""}]

The data in the chart property for first time can be any, once its ran - the numbers gets updated.

PremMahadikar_3-1711062480982.png

PremMahadikar_0-1711062388329.png

In-detail info about dashboard documentation on ES-Tile, pie charts and bar-charts shared here.

If this reply answers your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit kudos.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

It seems your query column does not have alias as 'totalCount'

Query :select count(*) as 'totalCount' from users

Chart Properties : [{"tileType":1,"data":109,"displayName":"Total users","clickable":"no","chartType":"icon-user","objectName":"","className":"dashboard-stat blue-steel","category":""}]

rushikeshvartak_0-1711071127809.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thanks I found that the dashboard query doesn't accept an underscore ('Total_users').