Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Creating an analytics dashboard based on a job

MaceBrigham
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi all,

This might be a silly question but this is the first time I've worked with an IGA technology and one of my tasks that I am taking on for my team is creating an analytics dashboard. I know you can create an Elasticsearch based query to get the data you need and then create the dashboard but was wondering if you can get the data specifically from a job in the job control panel? Without getting too specific, wondering if it's possible to track the number of new users provisioned from a job. I don't need the query to build it out, just wanting to know if this is doable just based on the job. Thank you! 

8 REPLIES 8

naveenss
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @MaceBrigham you can schedule a particular report to run from the job control panel. By this you don't have to manually refresh the report. Is this what you're looking for?

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Hi, thanks for the info! Pardon my ignorance on this, but how would I go about creating a report for the job? I believe this might be the answer I am looking for, but I will have to do some testing. Once the report is created, a dashboard can be created from the report? 

Raghu
All-Star
All-Star

@MaceBrigham  Yes  , we need schedule at least daily once ,then it will refresh auto, 

Reference Dashboard articles more info:

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/dashboards/m-p/50004

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/dashboard-refresh-job-dashboardrefreshjob/m-p/2273...

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Keep report as runtime so you don’t need to schedule the job.
  • schedule dashboard refresh job daily to refresh count.
  • If user specific needed data he can click on tile to get latest count and data

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Hi, thanks for the info! Pardon my ignorance on this, but how would I go about creating a report for the job? I believe this might be the answer I am looking for, but I will have to do some testing. Once the report is created, a dashboard can be created from the report? 

Hi @MaceBrigham to create a job follow the below steps:

1. Login to Saviynt as an admin user
  2. Navigate to ADMIN > Job Control Panel. Click on "Add New Job".
  3. Provide a suitable "Job name" for your trigger > Choose "RunAllAnalyticsJob" under the Job Type.
  4. You can choose to select the analytics categories/sub categories. Else, you can click on "Advance Option" and provide the analytics report name to explicitly run the report. Example query:
    and analyticsname='AnalyticsName'
  5. Under the job schedule menu, choose the required frequency/use cron expression to schedule your job to run. 

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
Naveen Sakleshpur
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

Thank you so much again! I'll give this a test and see how things look. 

• You can create and use schedule button to schedule the reportrushikeshvartak_0-1720464087083.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.