Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Create AD Group from new Organization object

FranciscoS
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Dear community,

My company has the following use case:

While uploading the organization flat file on daily basis, could SAVIYNT detect that a new Departmentnumber has been added and could it trigger a creation task for DL or security groups creation in AD system?

I know that AD groups can be created from Saviynt. There is a CREATEGROUPJSON in the ADSI connector able to do this creation. The procedure to do this is described in the following link: https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-User-v23x/page/Content/10-mang-grp/ars-mang-ad-grp.htm (Navigating to > Home and select  > Manage Groups > Create AD Group) takes you to the OOB feature to create them (of course, once JSON config is set in the connector).

Regarding the use case that I described, I was looking for an Action type in Organization Update Rules to call a technical rule but I do not find anything related to AD Group creation… I saw that there is a Custom Action that maybe could work somehow but I am unsure.

FranciscoS_0-1705505902257.png

It seems to call the javajar method... (?).

Otherwise, when I set “Create Organization Task” only another connection appears (AD Connector type).

Could you please advice if there is any way to achieve our use case (new Organization object -> new AD group) ??

Many thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You can create external Jar and invoke create request saviynt API to create new Group and invoke Jar during user import 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hello @rushikeshvartak 

Thanks for your answer. I understand from your words that this external jar should be triggered from the Organization Update rules > Custom Action?

Is there any other way to call CreategroupJSON from any other inner-tool resource (Organization Update rules > Create Organization task that could trigger AD group provisioning) ??

In order to trigger CreategroupJSON  then you need to use external Jar with create Request API

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/23973797/2s9Ykhh4VH#05ac521d-3425-4b78-a602-57a9e08f3a0c

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Thanks for your answer.

As @Manu269 mentioned, do you have any sample jar and/or write up on this?

Should be this external Jar triggered from the Organization Update rules > Custom Action?

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@rushikeshvartak do you have any sample jar and write up on this?

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos