Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Configuring Task Creation Notification Email

rambhan
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hi Team, 

We have created an email teamplate for the task creation details using the documentation : https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v24x/page/Content/Chapter06-EIC-Configurations/Creati...

We have updated the endpoint and global configurations with email template name but we are still unable to receive the task creation notification and the we don't see any information about email template when task is created in logs. Here are the screenshots that we configured. Please review and let me know what else needs to be done.

rambhan_1-1708524916156.pngrambhan_2-1708525005839.pngrambhan_3-1708525083398.png

12 REPLIES 12

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Did you also attached task creation email template on workflow ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak  Yes we have attached the email template to the workflow

Following is precedence followed 

• email template from workflow 
  • email template from endpoint level
  • email template from global configuration 

which all variables are exposed please use below script by removing current content and validate accordingly we can suggest further changes

To get what variables are present to use in the email template, check using the below expression. By putting it in the email body, it will print all variable names with values, and then accordingly, you can use it:

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

@rushikeshvartak I copied only ${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}} part into the body of email template, but still don't see any notification

TO : your email 

BODY : ${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Add into all 3 templates attached at location also keep subject different to identify which one is triggered

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@rambhan  can you try to remove all 'Task'  - like {task.Id,task.name....etc} - related binding variables and try it

Thanks,
Raghu
If this reply answered your question, Please Accept As Solution and hit Kudos.

rambhan
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@CR  No, we would definitely wanted that task details information in the notification

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

I want see temple is triggering or not then will include all details later .check and confirm plz, similar issue i also faced long back

Thanks,
Raghu

rambhan
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@CR  I've removed tasks related binding variables, still I didn't receive email notification

CR
Regular Contributor III
Regular Contributor III

@rambhan  remove to {requetor.email} and add your mail and try it

again issue can you provide your template

Thanks,
Raghu

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @rambhan , try at endpoint level. Endpoint --> Email template and just send hi maybe to start with.

If that also doesn't work , then SMTP settings You are getting other emails right?

Thanks,

Amit

rambhan
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

@AmitM We have configured email template at endpoint level and a workflow at security system level. Yes we have SMTP notifications enabled and we receive notifications from analytics on daily basis.

rambhan_0-1708527864599.png