Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Configuration Files

wizzy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I want to know how to direct users from the Saviynt portal to our internal documentation on instruction about access request and everything saviynt related. I see Configuration Files, But I am not sure what path I need to edit to show end user the internal confluence page. Please advise.: 

Admin  - Settings - Configuration file.

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

Saathvik
All-Star
All-Star

@wizzy : Please go to Admin --> Settings --> User Interface Branding Configuration --> Manage Labels

Search for label : Request.EmptyScreen.RedirectLink and update the required link 

sk_0-1714155596284.png

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

wizzy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello @Saathvik 

What I am looking to have the update is via configuration Files. I need the update/customization for the Support or help desk. 

@wizzy : If I understand correctly when end user clicks on Help Guide or Documentation link on home screen as shown in screenshot you want to redirect to internal documentation right?

image.png

If so, then you need go to Admin --> Global Configuration --> Preferences and update respective links in highlighted section

sk_2-1714156810519.png

Previously mentioned steps are only valid for older version not neo version

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

wizzy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

To add more context see attached screen shot of what I am training to customize or update. Which of this I need to insert my confluence page link too and Is it not going to break anything? if I revert the setting back. How long before it goes back to default?saviynt_customize.PNG

External configuration setting adding link to saviynt.adminguide.pdf 

• It needs restarts of server 20 minutes 
  • After restart on profile menu top right corner this will be visible. [This is not supported in NEO]

Please use documentation & Help Guide Link which are immediate and does not requrires restart links and option can be enabled as show below in global config

rushikeshvartak_0-1714158778176.png

It will be visible on Home Page.

rushikeshvartak_1-1714158880300.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

Hello @rushikeshvartak 

Can you share how to navigate to the global configuration to implement this settings? When I click Global configuration on my end. It shows me the home screen with the Get Help page and not seeing the backend where I can update the URL endpoint. Please advise

Global configuration - Preference 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find this response useful, kindly consider selecting 'Accept As Solution' and clicking on the 'Kudos' button.

wizzy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thank you @rushikeshvartak 

What version is Neo? The Sandbox Saviynt where I intend to test this is running Sav V24.2. Where the Prod Sav version where I will be finally deploying this is running Sav V24.2 as well. Are these versions the NEO version where that is not supported? What I am trying to do is to have this customization show on the Front page where End user will see like: Help Guide. they click on that and takes them to the confluence page. Please advise

NEO is available from v24.x version

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

wizzy
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thank you, Can I customize these two boxes? if yes, how. I will like for that to say something else and not what Saviynt has written there. Please advise. Thank you

custom.PNG

Change from manage label

• NewRequestHome.GetHelp.Documentation.Label
  • NewRequestHome.GetHelp.Documentation.Description 
  • NewRequestHome.GetHelp.HelpGuide.Description
  • NewRequestHome.GetHelp.HelpGuide.Label

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak