Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Change request email binding variables are not working

hareeshreddyk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

We have configured email notification in Globalsetting>Requests>Reviewer Change Notification

to notify to the requestor

Email triggered to requestor but email body does not populate the binding variables values.

What might be the issue i dont understand.. Is this something binding variables issue.

hareeshreddyk_0-1718103742174.png

13 REPLIES 13

pmahalle
All-Star
All-Star

Hi @hareeshreddyk ,

Issue might be in date conversion. Can you try the email without last two variables where you are doing date conversion.

Pandharinath Mahalle(Paddy)
If this reply helps your question, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos 🙂

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Try below for date

${request.duedate.toString().substring(0,10)}

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

hareeshreddyk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks @pmahalle ,

I tried as suggested by removing last two variables but still values are not getting populated.

hareeshreddyk_0-1718109523598.png

Please validate supported variables.

Purpose :

To get what variables are present to use in the email template.

Email Template steps :

keep Advanced HTML CSS flag is checked

Keep your email Address in TO

TO /CC/BCC & Subject - Don't use any dynamic variables

Add only below code in Email Body
${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

Output : using the below expression. By putting it in the email body, it will print all variable names with values, and then accordingly, you can use it:

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

hareeshreddyk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi @rushikeshvartak ,

T tried below in email body

${this.binding.variables.each {k,v -> println "$k = $v" + "" + "br" + ">"}}

It resulted only few variables 

hareeshreddyk_0-1718171205994.png

And tried with those limited variables Even these values are not populated 

hareeshreddyk_1-1718171267217.png

Hi @hareeshreddyk .

Can you please check if the values that are not populated are present in requesterid (for the particular user).

if the values are not present please trigger the email for proper user who has all values.

if the values are present and still not populating please share the logs if possible.

hareeshreddyk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

hi @ganimkt ,

Yes there are the values to whom this email is triggered. But email only not populating those values.

I am sharig the logs please share me if you find any which is causing the issue.

Does HTML flag ticketed in email template?

Share email template config screenshot

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

hareeshreddyk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Yes @rushikeshvartak HTML flag has been ticked in email template

please look at the shared screenshot

hareeshreddyk_0-1718263184489.png

There is not variable called approvallink

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

hareeshreddyk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@rushikeshvartak ,

I have amanded the approval link and tried

hareeshreddyk_1-1718349875633.png

approvallink is to redirect to the request approval page but issue is not that, there is no value that is getting populated in the body

As mentioned there is no approvalink variable. can you share what is code behind approvalink ? mask sensitive info

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

hareeshreddyk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

This is the VARIABLE for approval link

<a href="https://**********-***.saviyntcloud.com/ECM${approvallink.toString().replaceAll('null','')}">Saviynt.</a>

As i mentioned i tried with out this approval variable...But even then these values are not populated