Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Cannot Send Email for Null Template

Saviynt_Savvy
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi All,

I have configured a User update Rule where on the User Termination, Notify as an Email.
But I couldn't receive the Email when I ran the Email History Job and when I saw the Log details, I saw the below message saying that 
{"emailTemplate":"Cyber Security - User Termination Notification Email Template"},"failureReason":"Cannot Send Email For null template"}

Saviynt_Savvy_0-1718729846987.png
What is the reason that saying "Cannot Send Email Template for null Template".

Below is the Template body I am using:
<div><div>Hi, <br><br> The <b> ${user.firstname} ${user.lastname} </b> for <b> ${endpoints} </b> has been Terminated. <br><br> Below are the details for the requested access: <br><b>Username:</b>${user.firstname} ${user.lastname}.<br><b>Endpoint:</b>${endpoints}.<br><br></div></div>Thanks & Regards,<div>Saviynt Team</div>

Thanks & Regards,
SaviyntSavvy

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

Does it works if dynamic variables removed from email template ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi @rushikeshvartak 

Even after removing the Dynamic attributes and using the plain message, it throws the same error

Saviynt_Savvy_0-1718731148552.pngThanks & Regards,
Saviynt Savvy

Did you removed from TO/CC

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

NM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Saviynt_Savvy try hardcoding the values once.

dgandhi
All-Star
All-Star

Are other email notification working as expected?

Can you try hardcoding the to address in the template and see if it works? If it works then there could be some issue in the variables that you are using in the email template.

Thanks,
Devang Gandhi
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others who may have a similar problem.