Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Cannot Manually Change Role Status (Active→Inactive)

JohnDoe
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am in trouble because the status of Role cannot be changed.

In environments such as v23.1, it was possible to change the status of Role from Active to Inactive manually.
However, I would like to perform a similar change in an instance of v23.8, but the display is not manually changeable.

This could be a Role imported from a CSV file, or a Role created directly in the EIC manually.
Also, I understand that you can't go back from Inactive to Active.

Where is the cause of this?
Are there items such as Global Configuration?

Thanks,

JohnDoe_0-1702428574400.png

4 REPLIES 4

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • You can't change role status manually, This is expected behavior in latest version v23.11 also There is no global configuration for same.
  • You can inactivate role from import sheet or via Manage role option from ARS.
  • Once roles is inactivated saviynt also removes entitlement associated to account from roles hence inactive to active is not supported

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Hi rushikeshvartak,

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to change it in the old version, but am I correct in recognizing that the setting was changed so that manual update is not possible in the recent version?

In latest version configuration has been disabled, It might be working in v23.1

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Manu269
All-Star
All-Star

@JohnDoe i have validated in v23.10 and v23.11 , You can't change role status manually. The only option i have verified is via csv import

Regards
Manish Kumar
If the response answered your query, please Accept As Solution and Kudos