Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Best way to get a value from account object to user object?

jralexander137
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

In 24.5 is there a better way to get an account object value from an attribute copied into the associated user's saviynt user record in some CP property? Doesn't look like you can use enhanced query job because we're no longer allowed to modify the users table. The only other option i see is an import user config but looks like BasicWithHMAC authentication is not working properly in this version. What are my options?

6 REPLIES 6

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You need to use sav4sav

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

How do you use that though? The only way I am aware of getting a user update task generated for sav4sav is by having the task created via a user update rule and you cant have it trigger off account changes.

Can you explain why i need to use sav4sav and how, at a high level, that would even work?

I should be able to just configure a userImportJson on a rest connection and update the attribute that way but that is failing for some unknown reason. 

• Use analytics report in call1 
  • In call2 call update user and update property to users cp

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

PremMahadikar
Valued Contributor II
Valued Contributor II

Hi @jralexander137 ,

You can use inline preprocessor in ModifyUserJSON.

Refer this article: https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/user-pre-processor-config-json-not-able-to-update-...

(The article is about preprocessor to copy account name into one of the user's customproperty)

If this helps, please consider selecting Accept As Solution and hit Kudos

So this would be done on the auth source connection and if i am understanding properly pulls data from the accounts table to then push into the user's record on the users table? This only works if all users come through a connection though right? If users are being created via say API call then this option wouldnt work correct?