Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Auto-trigger an Access Request for Account Creation for New Joiners - Sav-for-Sav Connector

Mal0510
Visitor
Visitor

We have a business requirement to automatically trigger a request to create an account for new joiners in Saviynt (i.e., New Identity created --> auto-trigger request to create an account on a REST-based endpoint). To do this, we would need to use the Saviynt API for Account Creation requests.   I understand I can use the Saviynt for Saviynt connector to facilitate this request, but need help with the overall approach.   
1) Where on the Saviynt-for-Saviynt connection do I configure the JSON to make the API call?  
2) How can I automatically trigger this request when a new user is imported?

9 REPLIES 9

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Mal0510 you ideally don't have to create a new account if the user gets imported from source HR .. 

Use the import json to pull the identities in the endpoint.

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star
  • Do you want to create request or create account directly without approval ?

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

I need to create a request, and the request will need to be approved for the account to be created.

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Mal0510 is it for 3 Rd party application if so you can use technical rule.

Yes - for another endpoint that we are connected to via a REST connector.  The request to create an account needs to be triggered when a new user joins, and it must be approved for the account to be created.   I was told that using a technical rule could not be used to trigger the access request, it could only be used to auto-create the account.

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Mal0510 

Option 1 - use custom jar to create a request.

Option 2 - use create account json of sav for sav connection to create a request.

@NM  thanks for the input.  So I would configure the Create Account JSON to make the API call for account request?  How would that then get triggered - through the technical rule?

NM
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

@Mal0510 yes technical rule will still trigger the task for create account .. in create account you will be handling the create request part.

• Use custom jar for this purpose.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.