Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Assign other AD group as primary group

navneetv
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi Team,

we have a use case, where we want to assign "ABC group" as primary while disabling and moving the account to Disable OU.  we are using DisableJSON and I couldn't anything where I can add logic for removing domain users(513) groups and adding "ABC group" as primary. Hence I created the technical rule with the below condition but the task is not being generated. i am assuming might be that the add task will not be generated once the account is disabled 

we are using DisableJSON with the below query which is working user is being disabled, the account moves to disable OU, and all groups are removed only unable to add other group as primary 

{
"moveUsertoOU": "OU=DisabledUsers,DC=itlab,DC=com",
"deleteAllGroups": "Yes",
"userAccountControl": "514"
}

technical rule

navneetv_0-1707976148534.png

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

if account status is inactive then task will not be created

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

navneetv
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @rushikeshvartak  is there any way where we can add a group and mark primary before disabling? 

also, can you let us know what exactly this option does inDISABLEACCOUNTJSON in AD?

deleteAllGroups

AmitM
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @navneetv ,

One way could be (not that nice though) , 

1)In your rule where you disabling user, take two action 1)add account to primary group 2)disable user account

2)Have different wsretry jobs based on task type. Run the add access first and then disable account. You can merge all in one trigger and have them sequential

3)But if you use deleteALLGroups, it will remove all groups that are added to user in AD so no point of doing 1 and 2. So don't select this option

4)Use analytics to remove all groups from Ad except your primary one

Thanks,

Amit 

deleteAllGroups - It removes all groups assigned to account.

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

navneetv
Regular Contributor II
Regular Contributor II

Hi @rushikeshvartak @AmitM I tried to make another group as primary in the active saviynt profile but it is giving an error . can you suggest how to add a group and make it primary to active profile ?

error 

Error while ADD operation for account-gab.geronimo to Group-1181 in AD - [LDAP: error code 21 - 00000057: LdapErr: DSID-0C091284, comment: Error in attribute conversion operation, data 0, v4563]Error while ADD operation for account-gab.geronimo to Group-1181 in AD - [LDAP: error code 21 - 00000057: LdapErr: DSID-0C091284, comment: Error in attribute conversion operation, data 0, v4563]