Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Append Character to Account Name Rule and Iterate By it Using Basic Config

ajmakowsky
New Contributor
New Contributor

Using the Basic Config of Account Name Rule for an endpoint, is there a way to add logic to append a specific alphabetic value to the end of the account? Or only using advanced query?

5 REPLIES 5

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

You need to use advanced query

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Thanks. Is there a way to dynamically iterate by an alphabetical character for uniqueness? Let's say the account name rule needs to end with "A". If that specific account name is taken, we need to end with "B" instead, and so on and so forth. Can I do this without appending a "#" 25 times with the same logic besides the different letter?

You need to # keyword

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

Ok, this brings up a new issue. Originally we were using the basic config, where one of the user attribute values is sometimes null. If the attribute value was null, using basic config, it simply skipped that value. When I try to use the same logic in advanced query, and then request an account for a user, it pops up a window that says "Enter the name of the account you need to access."

How do I account for potential null attribute values using advanced query?

use ifnull condition of SQL query

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak