PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

Add access task is triggering Update account task on its completion

VamsheeVazza
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a case for one of the application. When we raise an Add Access request for the endpoint, this created an add access task. upon the add access task completion it is triggering an update task. 

Attached the screenshot.

8 REPLIES 8

vivek9237
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@VamsheeVazza not able to see the screenshot. Please share.

Regards,

Vivek Mohanty

If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem.

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @VamsheeVazza ,

There are 2 ways of achieving this.

• Add a dynamic attribute that is mandatory and must be updated by the user to trigger the associated Update Account Task for the same application
  • Build an Analytics that is doing the following :
    • Look for created Add Access Tasks that were Completed in the past X minutes
    • Add the following columns :
      • The associated account's accountkey (with alias 'acctkey')
      • 'Update Account' as 'Default_Action_for_Analytics'
    • Add in the "Allowed Actions" the "Update Account" option.
    • Save this report in a dedicated Category
    • Create a Job called "RunAllAnalyticsV2" to specify the same category and tick the "Executed Defaut Action for Analytics" option
    • Schedule this job every minutes (same frequency as the condition above to prevent more than one 'Update Account' task created.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Adrien COSSON

I'm already seeing an update task
i dont want to see the update task.
After add access task is completed the request should be closed. that is what i need.

Do you have any dynamic attributes in place?

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

yes

This is expected behavior. @VamsheeVazza 

• If request having dynamic attributes and those are getting stored in accounts column
  • Update account task will be generated.
  • In order to get rid of it remove account column from Dynamic attribute configuration
  • rushikeshvartak_0-1712890417380.png

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If this helped you move forward, click 'Kudos'. If it solved your query, select 'Accept As Solution'.

@VamsheeVazza : Then it is expected behaviour because you might be mapping that dynamic attribute to account column. You can try removing mapping account column this should go away.

Regards,
Saathvik
If this reply answered your question, please Accept As Solution and give Kudos to help others facing similar issue.

adriencosson
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@VamsheeVazza, So you need to auto close these Update Account tasks since they are doing nothing on target system right ?

If so, I replied to your other topic with a suggestion I am personally using whenever I need tasks to be closed without going through provisioning : 

You can create an Enhance Query job to fetch the Remove Access tasks that would need to not be provisioned but completed in Saviynt.

Schedule this Enhanced Query Job more frenquently than Provisioning Job to set the task status as complete for these tasks.

Reference : https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/how-do-you-process-revoke-access-tasks-pulled-in-a... 

Regards,
Adrien COSSON