Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

AD account to user correlation - at endpoint and at connector level

Ajith
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I'm confused on why do we have AD account to user correlation rule both at endpoint and at a connector level ?
It will be great to know the differences between correlation rules specified at endpoint level and the one specified at connector level.

5.5 SP 5.x 

Thanks,
Ajith

6 REPLIES 6

vivekmohanty_pm
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Ajith As far as I know, we only have the account-user correlation rule at the Endpoint level.

can you clarify what do you mean by correlation rule at the connector level?

AD_Connection_UserAttribute_Config.JPG

I was refering to this configuration in AD Connection. After reading the description provided my understanding is that it maps LDAP account to a Saviynt user.

Can you help me to uderstand what exactly this configuration is if not used for user correlation?

vivekmohanty_pm
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@Ajith The connection parameter USER_ATTRIBUTE is used to map LDAP user attributes to EIC User attributes. This is used during import USERS from LDAP targets. The USER_ATTRIBUTE connection parameter is not used for the User-Account correlation.
Doc link - https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/AD-v23x/page/Content/Configuring-the-Integration-for-Importing-...

User Account Correlation Rule in the endpoint is only used for correlating users and accounts.

Doc link - https://docs.saviyntcloud.com/bundle/EIC-Admin-v2022x/page/Content/Chapter02-Identity-Repository/Bef...

Regards,
Vivek Mohanty
If this reply answered your question, please click the Accept As Solution button to help future users who may have a similar problem

Ajith
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I think now I got this.
1. Account to user correlation is required when LDAP user accounts are imported as EIC accounts. This will be performed as per the configurations in Endpoint. If not correlated the accounts imported to EIC will be flagged orphan

2. The connection parameter USER_ATTRIBUTE will be used when LDAP user accounts are imported as EIC users. This configuration creates new users in EIC if the user does not exist.

If you can confirm please
A similar query on the connection parameter ACCOUNTNAMERULE and the Endpoint rule - Account Name Rule. Why do we need the same rule at Endpoint level and at a connection level?

Thanks,

Ajith

@Ajith Your last query deserves a separate forum post 🙂

If my previous response has answered your original question please click the Accept As Solution button on that reply to help future users who may have a similar problem

Ajith
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

sure!
I shall raise a post a new query

Thanks,
Ajith