Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

24.1 - ARS Application Request Icons

Dazzle259
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is there any guidance on how to update the application icons in V24.1 when using Access Request Neo Experience?

See below:

Dazzle259_0-1709729356648.png

The lower icon was created when using application onboarding template.

I have seen the following steps in other posts for V23.x

1. Image size should be 400*400 

2. Upload image from User Interface Branding Configuration -- Images Section

3. Run Update query on Endpoints (not available on UI now)

update endpoints set image_id='AWS_RV.png' where endpointname='AWS' limit 1;

4. Run Microservices Job

Are these steps still applicable?  If so, where do we now upload an image?  Branding interface is totally different in V24.1.

8 REPLIES 8

rushikeshvartak
All-Star
All-Star

File Format should be .svg and size as 400x400

Below steps :

• Upload logos 
  • Navigate to the Admin module > Settings -> User Interface Branding Configuration -> Images.
  • rushikeshvartak_0-1709734378152.png

Run query from enhanced query job.

1. Navigate to Admin -> Job Control Panel
  2. Click on “+Add New Job”.

Attribute

Value

Job Name

EnhancedQuery_Update_Manual

Job Type

Enhanced Query Execution

Operation

Update

Rollback on failure

ON

Description

Application Tile Logos

Select Query

SELECT ENDPOINTKEY                             AS ENDPOINTS__PRIMARYKEY,      'AWS.svg' AS ENDPOINTS__IMAGE_ID FROM   ENDPOINTS where endpointname ='AWS' limit 1
  1. Click on create Job.
  2. Run Job manually.
  3. Run both Microservices Job to update configuration of logo on application tile.

rushikeshvartak_1-1709734378082.png

https://forums.saviynt.com/t5/identity-governance/ars-form-customization-to-add-application-logo-in-...

Upload images from Modern UI. Uploading images from NEO DOES NOT WORKS

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

For V24.1 would I upload logos below:

Dazzle259_0-1709740275291.png

select statement would look something like:

SELECT ENDPOINTKEY AS ENDPOINTS__PRIMARYKEY,'azurelogo.png' AS ENDPOINTS__IMAGE_ID FROM ENDPOINTS where endpointname ='Microsoft-Azure' limit 1

A little confused about the following "Upload images from Modern UI. Uploading images from NEO DOES NOT WORKS"

Follow below steps 

1. Before :

rushikeshvartak_0-1710265494128.png

1. Disable NEO Module from Global configuration - Preference -- Enable Unified Navigation Experience & 
  2. Refresh the page

rushikeshvartak_4-1710265678302.png

1. Navigate to the Admin module > Settings -> User Interface Branding Configuration -> Images.
  2. rushikeshvartak_3-1710265629504.png

3. Now again 
  4. Enable NEO Module from Global configuration - Preference -- Enable Unified Navigation Experience
  5. rushikeshvartak_5-1710265719095.png

6. Refresh the page

Images should be uploaded

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak
If you find the response useful, kindly consider selecting Accept As Solution and clicking on the kudos button.

Stauber
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Please vote for my idea in the ideas portal. This process is a nightmare. I previously had everything uploaded as PNG which I presume was the requirement. Now, I have to convert the pictures and do it all over again. Also, converting a small 400*400 picture to svg is not optimal, it has a lot of quality/color losses. 

ARS - a standard admin way of uploading icons | Saviynt Ideas Portal

Image quality improved we have one time changed all images use below website to convert images 

https://svgtrace.com/png-to-svg

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Product officially does not support application logo functionality. This is way found and you need to use if you need to use functionality 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak

Changing ARS icons is now on the roadmap.  Link posted above by Stauber.

I can confirm that I was able to get this working in our DEV environment, thanks @rushikeshvartak and @Stauber for guidance.

However, as this is not a supported method and were warned by Saviynt that icon updates are done at our own risk, we will wait for this to be developed and supported in PROD environment.

Since its working please close this thread 

Regards,
Rushikesh Vartak