PARTNERS - Please join us for our upcoming webinar:
Leveraging Intelligent Recommendations for Operational Transformation.
AMS Partners click HERE | EMEA/APJ Partners click HERE

Which Variable is exposed in email templates for Service account owner email

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 8 2020 at 04:23 UTC

Hello All,

There is config available in Global configuration section to send an email notification when new owner is added or removed for Service account.

I tried retrieving the service account owner email using the

${ServiceAccountOwnerMap.get('USEROWNERS').get('1').collect{it.email.toString()}[0]} but its fails with an error that 'ServiceAccountOwnerMap' property does not exists.

Could you please help me to find out how do I read account owner email?

Thanks,

Pallavi

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
6 REPLIES 6

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 8 2020 at 07:16 UTC

Hi Pallavi,

Please refer the link to documentation for the binding variables exposed.

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000431557-managing-email-templates

Thanks

Ajay

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 8 2020 at 07:56 UTC

This documentation talks about the variables exposed in Service Account actionable emails. Those does not work for the emails which we configure in New or Remove service account owner email templates. You can see the error message give above which says 'There is no such property 'ServiceAccountOwnerMap'.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 8 2020 at 11:44 UTC

I just figured out that 'accountOwners' variable works to retrieve owner information in endpoint email templates config however same does not work for Global Config -> New Owner or Remove Owner email template.

If anyone has implemented similar functionality please share if any pointer.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 8 2020 at 12:37 UTC

Hi Pallavi,

You can use the below variables:
${emailid} - for fetching the email id of all the owners of that service accounts.

accounts object - ${account.name}, ${account.accountid} etc - to fetch the service account details

${firstname}, ${lastname}, ${username} - new owner added/ removed owner.

Adding a sample screenshot here:

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 8 2020 at 15:10 UTC

Thanks Saparja, it worked!

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 16 2021 at 10:05 UTC

Hi Saparja , Pallavi,

I am looking for some information in the line of service account owner variable for email template at Workflow Grant Access block.

I have tried the following in the TO address but nothing working - To - ${requestor.email},${manager?.email},abc@xyz.com,${emailid},${accountOwners.email}

Intention is to send email notification to owner of the account (can be single user or complete user group). 

Thanks