Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Email Param for Role Description

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 14 2020 at 13:38 UTC

What email param can I use to display the Role Description?

I tried using ${rolesshtmltablerows} but that displays the Role name, Role Description and the Glossary all in 1 line.

Not very helpful.

Is there an Email Param which will give me only the Role Description?

Anand

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
7 REPLIES 7

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 17 2020 at 13:04 UTC

Does anybody have information about the email param for Role Description?

Anand

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 17 2020 at 13:51 UTC

Hi Anand,

Pls use ${roles.role_name} and ${rolename} . Below is the lnk for FD documentation.

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000431557-managing-email-templates

Thanks

Ajay

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 17 2020 at 13:55 UTC

Ajay,

I already tried those.

${roles.role_name} does not work.

${rolename} displays the Role Name which I have already used.

I am looking for Role Description.

As I said earlier , it is available as a part of ${rolesshtmltablerows} but that displays the Role name, Role Description and the Glossary all in 1 line.

Not very helpful.

I want only the Role Description.

Anand

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 18 2020 at 18:31 UTC

If the Role Description is not available as a separate param, is there a way for extract the Role Description from the ${rolesshtmltablerows}, or format it in such a way that I can display the Role Name, Description and Glossary separately or distinctly?

Anand

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 19 2020 at 19:08 UTC

We need the Role Description to be added to the email notification whenever a role is assigned to any user.

If anybody has any information on this, it will really be helpful.

Thanks,

Anand

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 9 2021 at 13:55 UTC

@Anand

Did you receive a fix to fetch description ? also can we fetch owners of the roles too ?

Has anyone come across this scenario

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on August 13 2021 at 18:40 UTC

I am able to get the Role Description using the following tag in the email Template.

${org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.splitByWholeSeparator(rolesshtmltablerows,"<td>")[3]}