Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Use Account ID in a CreateTicketJSON

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 1 2020 at 20:37 UTC

Team,

NOTE:SNOW Sys_id is stored in accountID of its accounts in this scenario.

I am trying to retrieve the same info using account.acountID in the below json but it was unsuccessful.

FYI, i have added the SNOW ticketing for a CROWD endpoint.

Could you please suggest a way to retrieve the info.

"httpParams":"{\"sysparm_quantity\":1,\"sysparm_item_guid\":\"bb523kjsdfkhsdd2b3f9baae96194b\",\"get_portal_messages\":\"true\",\"sysparm_no_validation\":\"true\",\"variables\":{\"user_type\":\"${user.employeeType}\",\"Product\":\"Other\",\"Environment\":\"DEV\",\"requested_for\":\"${account.acountID}\",\"Short_Description\":\"$user.username has requested access for $task.endpoint.displayName\"}}"

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
11 REPLIES 11

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 1 2020 at 21:03 UTC

${account.acountID} should be ${account.accountID}
This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 1 2020 at 21:56 UTC

@Avinash: Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry, it was a typo while pasting. I have used the one mentioned below itself

${account.accountID}

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 1 2020 at 22:12 UTC

The JSON snippet you shared has the same variable used. Can you share what specific error you get and also validate if the account you are trying to modify has the accountID value populated in Saviynt ?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 1 2020 at 23:34 UTC

@Avinash: Yes sorry again for the typo.

The account which I am trying to call has the accountID field populated and there is no error in the CLI as I am able to create the tickets in SNOW. However, the accountID variable which I passed in JSON for e.g. ${account.accountID} is not getting initialized with the value present in the accountID. Please note that all other variables are getting initialized with the desired values.

When I checked the UI of SNOW, I could see the 'Requested For' field in the UI is populated with ${account.accountID}.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 1 2020 at 23:37 UTC

"httpParams":"{\"sysparm_quantity\":1,\"sysparm_item_guid\":\"bb523e47db3b48d0d2b3f9baae96194b\",\"get_portal_messages\":\"true\",\"sysparm_no_validation\":\"true\",\"variables\":{\"user_type\":\"${user.employeeType}\",\"Product\":\"Other\",\"Environment\":\"DEV\",\"requested_for\":\"${account.accountID}\",\"Short_Description\":\"$user.username has requested access for $task.endpoint.displayName\"}}"

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 2 2020 at 05:22 UTC

Hi

Can you try using this instead - ${task?.accountName}

Rgds,

Rohit

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 2 2020 at 06:24 UTC

You can either use userAccount binding object to get account propertes from a specific Endpoint as below.

${userAccount.get('endpoint_name').accountID

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 2 2020 at 16:52 UTC

Hi Khalid and Rohit, Thank you so much for the quick response. Unfortunately this did not work. Do you have any more suggestions? Appreciate it.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 3 2020 at 08:46 UTC

I don't find any other binding object that can get the account's properties except the userAccount it is introduced in ECM v5.5 release and onwards. Please check the version of your current SSM application and raise a request for this capability in case of the lower SSM version.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on April 3 2020 at 18:02 UTC

Thanks for the advice Khalid. The version we are using is 5.4.1.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 3 2022 at 05:19 UTC

Hi Team,

I have a case where I am requesting Multiple Roles through ARS.

I am using the variable ${allEntitlementsValues}.

This is printing the details in string format. It has details of Roles and associated entitlements and action to perform.

Is there a way:

a) I can get only Role Names ?

b) I can also fetch the requested Role Metadata details?