Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Ticket Status JSON In SOAP Connector for BMC Remedy

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 4 2019 at 02:54 UTC

Hi,

Anyone has the idea how this ticket status JSON works, what is the purpose of this ticket status JSON? What is the outcome of ticket status JSON when the ticket is closed? How the ticket status JSON will be triggered to poll the ticket status? Do we need to run a specific batch job?

Really need this information badly to understand the integration better.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
3 REPLIES 3

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 4 2019 at 05:50 UTC

Hi Kee,

Whenever the CreateTicketJSON is called, On Successful Completion, it will create a Ticket and store the Ticket Number against the Task as TicketID in Saviynt. This will happen when the WSRETRY job run.

The task status will move to Pending Provisioning

Once the Ticket is created, the same WSRETRY Job will use the TicketStatusJSON (The Call to get the ticket status and the response to receive goes here in this TicketStatus JSON) and starts polling for all the Tasks with status Pending Provisioning, and try to get the latest status of the Ticket in BMC.

We can specify which status of Ticket in BMC , should close the task in saviynt. (This is configurable in TicketStatusJSON) . Lets say, We can configure, if the ticket should be closed in BMC. the task also has to be closed in Saviynt.

So now, once the ticket is closed in BMC, the very next WSRETRY Job will poll the status again, Now this time, the ticket status is closed, so saviynt will close the task as well.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 4 2019 at 07:14 UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.
Based on your explanation, I should expect a CreateTicketJSON in the connection?

I'm using SOAP connector for this, but I'm not seeing any "CreateTicketJSON" in the connector?

Should I just put it into the "CreateAccountJSON"? And then, in my security system I will specify the service desk connection to this connection?

I tried the above, however the task completed once executing WSRETRY job but not changing to "Pending Provisioning" status.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on October 31 2019 at 06:16 UTC

Yes, for soap connector we do not have a separate createticketjson. The moment you use SOAP connector for service desk connection all the provisioning actions are done by creating tickets. So you can use createaccountjson for creating accounts (through service desk tickets) as long as you are using it as a service desk connection. You should be also mapping the ticket details on to TASK.TICKETID so that Saviynt can persist that information on the task and poll the application for ticket status later.