Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

How to remove special character from username/system username generation.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 30 2020 at 09:03 UTC

We have a requirement of generatining username like firstname (1 character )+ lastname with no special character generated for username.

Kindly let us know how to handle it in system username and username generation.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 30 2020 at 09:13 UTC

Hi Shashank, Please refer the screenshot below for setting up the generation rule. All the special characters mentioned would be allowed and others would removed from the name generated.

THanks

Ajay

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 30 2020 at 09:16 UTC

Hi Ajay,

Let me rephase my question

lets say if my firstname is Shashank

and lastname is k'ulshreshtha

now i want my user login like Skulshreshtha and NOT Sk'ulshreshtha.

How to achieve it?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on September 30 2020 at 09:34 UTC

Thanks

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 13 2021 at 11:39 UTC

Hi,

how did you achieve the goal then?