Announcing the SAVIYNT KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training, and more in a single search tool across platforms. Click HERE to read the Announcement.

Sending out emails to a list of users, where the list is being generated by an analytics report.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 10 2022 at 11:08 UTC

So suppose we have an analytics report that spits out certain users, their emails, and some other attributes. Is is possible to send out emails to these users and use the attributes within the report in those email bodies.

Yeah I'm looking for mail merge in SSM 😄

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
4 REPLIES 4

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 10 2022 at 15:50 UTC

Hi Yogesh,

Analytics emails can be sent to the owners of the analytics, not to the "content" of the reports.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 11 2022 at 08:06 UTC

Hi Avinash,

I have found out about a feature in the documentation here:
https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000622153-managing-email-templates

If you look at the "example 5" on the above page, it seems to fulfill my usecase. I am just unable to find any information on how to create this type of report and launch it.

A term I found during my research was "control execution" but when I go to create a Custom Analytics Control I don't see where I can make an SQL query:

As you can see on "Create New Analytics Configuration" page there is no field to write an SQL query.

If you can provide any information on how to implement the "Example 5" of the above documentation, it would be very helpful.

Thanks

Yogesh

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 11 2022 at 13:37 UTC

Seems you just have to create a normal analytics report, when you attach any email template that contains ${userEmail} in the "to" field and then run the report you can send emails to contents of the report.

This is really neat. Love it.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on March 11 2022 at 15:34 UTC

Thanks Yogesh for sharing this knowledge.

Regards,

Avinash Chhetri