Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Endpoint not displayed in ARS for change password for own account

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 19 2020 at 03:48 UTC

I have enabled the following configurations:

1. Enable change password on user's SAV role to change password for own account so that the change password tile shows up on ARS

2. Created a password policy and a questionnaire

3. Attached the password policy to the security system

I still don't see the endpoint associated with the security system in ARS when I click on the Change Password tile.

Is there any other configuration that is missing.

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
8 REPLIES 8

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 19 2020 at 04:29 UTC

Hi Vijay,

Which version of SSM are you using?

Also make sure, the account type of the account for which you are trying to change password is not listed in this configuration "Account Type for which Password should not change"

Regards,

Saparja

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 19 2020 at 15:41 UTC

Hi,

I am using 5.5SP2. I have not configured anything "Account Type for which Password should not change" on the endpoint. I don't have anything configured on the endpoint in "Config For AllowChangePassword" as well. But still the endpoint does not show up in ARS in the change password tile.

But this raises another question - what if I don't want to allow password changes for service accounts? Will SSM not be able to handle endpoints that have human and non-human accounts and password changes must be restricted to only human accounts?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 19 2020 at 17:16 UTC

Vijay,

There is no other configuration required in order to see the endpoints in the change password screen. Please raise a ticket so that we can analyze the issue.

As far as service accounts are concerned, we do have a separate password policy for service accounts from 55SP2 onwards. Only if you assign the password policy in 'Policy rule service account' in security system, the service accounts belonging to that particular application will be displayed.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 20 2020 at 10:59 UTC

Hi Vijay,

Is there any "Access Query" configured for that particular endpoint that would prevent from the end user to view this specific endpoint as it does not meet the criterias ?

Regards,

Adrien

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 20 2020 at 12:57 UTC

Confirm that you have password policy attached to the associated security system. Thanks, Pallavi

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 20 2020 at 13:36 UTC

Password policy is configured on the security system. There are no access queries configured for the endpoint.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on December 18 2020 at 08:01 UTC

Hi Vijay,

Please raise a bug along with the logs for further analysis.

Regards,

Saparja

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 14 2021 at 14:26 UTC

Hi Vijay,

Did this work for you? I am also facing the same issue and not able to see any applications to change password. Please let me know if this was a bug or missing any configuration.

Regards,

Santosh