Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workflow Components: If-Else condition matrix not working

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 23 2020 at 17:32 UTC

Hi,

I have a requirement to configure two level of approvals for access approval.

Once manager approval is complete, basis on requested entitlement second approval should come into existence. I have added below logic for in if-else condition.

Can you please suggest what is wrong with the below condition check

${REQUESTACCESSOBJ.entitlement_value} == 'Advocate General' or ${REQUESTACCESSOBJ.entitlement_value} eq 'Advocate General'

with expression language selected as groovy

Is that anything I'm missing in the if-else condition. Once first level manager approval is complete, workflow is not progressing, it is not even creating next task to complete but only shows open.

Thanks

Rakesh

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
6 REPLIES 6

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 24 2020 at 01:10 UTC

Hi Rakesh,

Please use below condition in if-else block with 'select' expression and change workflow type to 'Parallel'

Condition:

entitlement != null and (entitlement.entitlement_value eq 'Advocate General')

Please refer below doc for more details

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000556824-workflow-components#WorkflowCom...

Thanks,

Ravi

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 24 2020 at 17:44 UTC

Thanks Ravi. It served my purpose.

However I will test more hidden scenarios in approval process with multiple entitlements selection as the flow is parallel.

Appreciate your quick help.

Cheers

Rakesh

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on May 12 2021 at 12:02 UTC

Hello Ravi,

Actually I am need of doing some data manipulation in if-else for that was trying to load below url shared by you but its not getting loaded

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000556824-workflow-components#WorkflowCom...

I want to verify in if-else condition that whether Application Owner is blank or has value and based on this want to re-direct flow

That will be great if you have any supporting information

Best REgards

Shraddha

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 28 2021 at 10:38 UTC

Hello @Ravi

Two requests:

1. the links are broken 😞
2. Could you please update the If-Else Matrix examples to not include ${REQUESTACCESSOBJ} or similar expressions anymore, because they don't seem to work, but instead provide the working examples? 

Thanks and best regards

Florian

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 28 2021 at 11:03 UTC

Hi,

Please find the link below

https://saviynt.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000619101-workflow-components#WorkflowCom...

Thanks

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on July 28 2021 at 12:31 UTC

Thanks