Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

AD Group Management : Ownership assignment and removal notification

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 18 2020 at 21:20 UTC

Hello All,

In the global configuration for roles section there are two email notification type available to configure role owner assignment and removal. Are these applicable for AD group owners? If yes, could you please share the variables exposed to get the email id of AD group owner?

We have SSM v5.5.

Thanks,

Pallavi

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
6 REPLIES 6

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 19 2020 at 11:05 UTC

Hi Pallavi,

Greetings!!

These are applicable to AD Group owners as well.

The exposed variables for these templates are:

${owner}: Group owner info

${ownermanager} : owner's manager

${roles}: Role name

${ownerrank}: Rank of group owner

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar Jha

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 22 2020 at 11:36 UTC

Hi Anand,

I found issue that SSM does not trigger email notification on ownership removal. Also which variables are exposed for 'Create Entitlement' task completion action? I tried for entitlement name : ${task.entitlement_valueKey.entitlement_value}

${entitlementValues}, ${entitlements}, ${entitlement}, ${owner} variable also does not work there.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 22 2020 at 11:45 UTC

Hi Pallavi,

Greetings!!

As explained in my previous communication, we do not have any other variable exposed apart from these mentioned below:

${owner}: Group owner info

${ownermanager} : owner's manager

${roles}: Role name

${ownerrank}: Rank of group owner

Is this the case, you are able to use below variables in ownership add /update:

${task.entitlement_valueKey.entitlement_value},${entitlementValues}, ${entitlements}, ${entitlement} and not able to use in remove case.

Please let me know.

In case, it is an issue in your version (even for the exposed variables), Please raise a Jira ticket for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar Jha

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 22 2020 at 11:53 UTC

There are two issues:

• Remove role ownership email is not triggered by SSM. I see only ownership assignment email is working and I am able to get the role name using roles?.role_name.
  • Next use case I was trying to add the email notification on success of 'Create Entitlement' success to notify owner that group is created in AD. Here in this case I don't get entitlement name using any of the mentioned variables in the documentation (variables for Task Completion Email).
Thanks,Pallavi

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 22 2020 at 12:00 UTC

Hi Pallavi,

Greetings!!

Please Create Jira ticket for those issues.

Hopefully, you may receive an updated patch for this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Anand Kumar Jha

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on June 22 2020 at 12:04 UTC

ok thanks Anand for all your help!