Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Workflows: Assigning request to secondary manager?

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 12 2020 at 13:12 UTC

I would like to assign a request to user's secondary manager in an approval workflow. I have tried to do it by using following custom query in custom assignment:

select distinct m.userkey as userkey from users u join users m on u.secondaryManager = m.userkey where u.userkey = '${user.userkey}'

But request is not assigned to the secondary manager. How can I get it to be assigned to the user's secondary manager?

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.
3 REPLIES 3

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on November 27 2020 at 05:29 UTC

Try without the quotes.. Something like this,

select distinct m.userkey as userkey from users u join users m on u.secondaryManager = m.userkey where u.userkey = ${user.userkey}

This message was previously posted on Saviynt's legacy forum by a community user and has been moved over to this forum for continued exposure.

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 16 2021 at 11:02 UTC

Correct query is :

select distinct SECONDARYMANAGER as userkey from users u where u.userkey = ${user.id}

Community_User
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee
Originally posted on February 16 2021 at 11:59 UTC

Thank you, that worked.