Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Issues faced during Service Account Campaign

Kaushik
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

I have configured Service Account Campaign in Saviynt.
I have following queries related to this campaign:

1) I cannot find any dedicated API for Service Account Campaign under API docs: https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/23973797/2s9XxwutWR#25f1d868-5f09-4cb9-b9bd-e77f7d210154
I am using same set of APIs as specified for User Manager Campaign and getting required output.
Is this the correct approach ??

2) I am unable to fetch Service Account Owner details for display at Step-2. I have configured User_DISPLAYNAME, User_REGION fields for Step-2 but these fields output NULL.
Please advice how to fetch Service Account Owner details like Owner Name, Owner Region etc.

3) By default Service Account Owner is the certifier for this campaign.
How can we setup Service Account Owner's Manager as the certifier for this campaign ??

4 REPLIES 4

Darshanjain
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Kaushik 

Please find the inline response

1) I cannot find any dedicated API for Service Account Campaign under API docs: https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/23973797/2s9XxwutWR#25f1d868-5f09-4cb9-b9bd-e77f7d210154
I am using same set of APIs as specified for User Manager Campaign and getting required output.
Is this the correct approach ??- Yes those Api can be used for service account campaign as well.

2) I am unable to fetch Service Account Owner details for display at Step-2. I have configured User_DISPLAYNAME, User_REGION fields for Step-2 but these fields output NULL.
Please advice how to fetch Service Account Owner details like Owner Name, Owner Region etc.-

Service Account owner is the certifier why do you want to show these details in the step2 again, Can you please let us know or is it different?

3) By default Service Account Owner is the certifier for this campaign.
How can we setup Service Account Owner's Manager as the certifier for this campaign ??-

Owner with primary certifier is the main certifier, you can add manager manager as secondary certifier so that he will also be able to access and take action on the certification.

Thanks

Darshan

Kaushik
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Following are my replies pointwise:

1) Thanks for confirming. Will continue to use same set of APIs for Service Accounts.

2) I need to show Service Account Owner details for display at Step-2 because I do not want account owner as the certifier.

3) I want Account Owner's manager as the primary certifier for all service accounts. We have almost 8000 service accounts so it is not feasible to manually add primary certifier in all accounts. Is there any query or any automated way to configure this ??

HI @Kaushik 

For 2nd point - use userowner option.

For 3rd point- You can use csv upload option to upload for all service accounts as primart certifiers or do it via API to upload the owners.

Thanks

Darshan

Kaushik
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Use Case: For a particular Service account, user1 is the owner(Rank 1) and user2 is the primary certifier.

For 2nd point: During Service Account Campaign, certification for this particular Service account gets assigned to user2. I configured User Owner field for display at Step-2 and was expecting to see user1 in this field but it shows as blank.

For 3rd point: Please share sample csv format to upload Service account owner data for above mentioned use case. Also what is the API to upload Service account owner data for above mentioned use case.