Saviynt unveils its cutting-edge Intelligence Suite products to revolutionize Identity Security!
Click HERE to see how Saviynt Intelligence is transforming the industry.
Saviynt Copilot Icon

Azure VM integration with PAM

sksuresh2k30
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Team ,

I hope you are doing well. We are working on integrating Azure VM with PAM .  According to the Saviynt forum Solved: CPAM setup with Azure - Saviynt Forums - 31416, we found out that currently, Saviynt does not support automated bootstrapping for this integration. However, the on-premises onboarding approach can be used to onboard it as on-premises workloads. Our customer would like to see the Azure VM in Azure tiles. Could you please assist us with how we can approach this request?

2 REPLIES 2

NageshK
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

@sksuresh2k30 Thanks for posting your question. There is no supported solution for this yet. However, there is a potential workaround which might work with some trail and error.

1. In Global Config -> PAM, look for the property "Applications Enabled for PAM Request". Copy the value to a notepad and search for the following text: "connectionType":"Azure","description":"AZURE.Instance.description".
  2. Once you find this text, change the connectionType value from "Azure" to "On-Premise". 
  3. Now, take the entire json and put it back in global config. Make sure to click on the save icon after placing updated json
  4. Log off, close your browser and relogin. 

Verify if you are able to see the servers now in the Azure Tile.

Thanks

Nagesh K 

sksuresh2k30
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Hi Nagesh,

I appreciate your support. I will make the necessary global configuration changes and keep you updated on the status.