Announcing the Saviynt Knowledge Exchange unifying the Saviynt forums, documentation, training,
and more in a single search tool across platforms. Read the announcement here.

Analytics for account usage (Allow View Password enabled)

Matt
New Contributor
New Contributor

We have enabled the Allow View Password option as per Managing Accounts for Privileged Access (saviyntcloud.com) for a specific set of users.

We would like to understand if there are any analytics available that show when a user has viewed the password vs when the user has launched a session.

I have attempted to look through the task list but there are no differences in the "revoke access" task for each of these methods, and I am unsure where else to look for this information

4 REPLIES 4

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Matt,

We are checking on your request and we will keep you posted.

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Matt,

Could you kindly provide further clarification on the statement: "We would like to understand if there are any analytics available that show when a user has viewed the password vs when the user has launched a session"? Specifically, are you referring to the same account and user to ascertain when the password was viewed versus when a session was initiated?

Matt
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi

Yes, we have enabled the Allow View Password parameter on the Global Configuration > PAM page, then enabled this setting for a selection of users, so they can use the same account to either launch a session, or view the password

We would like to understand the user behaviours more, and would like a way of identifying how the user has utilised their account with this setting enabled

Thanks

DixshantValecha
Saviynt Employee
Saviynt Employee

Hi @Matt,

I regret to inform you that our current analytics does not possess the capability to discern whether a user has accessed the password.You can raise an Idea for the same.

Link:-Saviynt Ideas Portal.